Vegas Hangover!!

And no, I don't mean the alcohol induced one either! LOL OMG the food we consumed out there!!! It was buffet after buffet and then the only drinks that I would drink out there were the blended margaritas and daiquiris which... well, they're not the best low cal options right? But it was VACATION!! And a great one at that.

I'm happy to say that it was a highly successful trip and I am shocked at the number of things I can actually check off my bucket list... and we weren't even there three full days!
  • First adult non-work related trip - CHECK!
  • First time to Vegas - CHECK!
  • See mountains again - CHECK! (I fell in love in Salt Lake City)
  • Go to a true spa for the full experience - CHECK!!!!
  • Ride in a limo - CHECK!
  • Meet Elvis - okay, that one wasn't really on my bucket list, but was a total bonus! LOL
It was absolutely surreal being out there. The spa was phenomenal! I was told we were going to get massages. Sure! I'm game! Turns out, we went to Harrah's Spa and they had EVERYTHING!!! We got into our big, fluffy robes and sat around the hot tub waiting for someone to come get each of us one by one to take us to our massage rooms. After the massages we all disrobed, wrapped ourselves in towels, grabbed ice cold wash clothes and cucumber slices for our eyes and headed into the steam room (WOW!!) and finished up our pampering in the hot tub. By the end we were the only four women there. Then they provided everything for showers and prepping for the rest of the day... toothbrushes, mouth wash, razors, and even a fully stocked hair station so we could do our hair before heading back out on the town. It was two hours of complete BLISS!!!!

Unfortunately, I had to come back to reality. LOL No, I missed my girls dearly and was ready to put my feet back on Wisconsin soil. Oh and how I missed the water here! The water there is just not very good. I'm spoiled up here... only the local readers will really understand that statement. So, I've been chugging water like nobody's business.

The end result... I was up 2 pounds before I left due to stress eating. :( And gained 4 more while I was out there. So, I have my work cut out for me, but am back on track. I'm hitting the Plexus hard this week, adding in some protein shakes and hopefully getting out for a run tonight (if I can sneak away from the family BBQ after the girls are in bed :) ). It's not too much damage and as long as I reign it in, all will be well!

So, upcoming events... My Abbycakes turns two on Friday, my Emmy Lou graduates from 4K on Friday and I'm running my 2nd 5K of the season on Friday. I'd say Friday is going to be a pretty big day! :) Then our next one is June 22nd. It's the Midnight Sun Midnight Run 5K which I absolutely loved last year. I can't think of a better run... running at midnight (I'm a night owl) along the shore of Lake Superior listening to the waves crash against the rocks... yes please! And I'm still working on the July and August schedules. :)

But my other goal that I'd like to put out there is my 33 by 33 goal. I'm close! I got to 24 the weigh in before this last one, so it's not unreachable. I usually don't like to set time limits because I often set myself up for failure, but this is just one I feel I really need to accomplish. That means I need to lose 15 pounds in 15 weeks. A pound a week is definitely not out of the question! September 12th is my deadline. That's 15 weeks and 1 day. BRING IT ON!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts