Stress eating... UGH!!!

Whoever thought to put food in their mouth when stressed and then pass that along as a good solution should be shot!! LOL Why are so many of us just designed to eat when upset, stressed, bored, etc? I'm assuming it's something we learn from infancy. Cry=get a bottle. I'm guilty of it with both of my girls. One falls down and skins her knee and she gets a bandaid and a snack while she puts her foot up. Hmmmm... I see!

Anyway... I broke my rules and drove through the McDonalds drive through today. It's been one of those days. Not sure how much I've mentioned here, but I'm in the middle of a divorce. It should be final next month, but no divorce is stress free. Add two little girls to the mix and POOF, you have a recipe for diet disaster. I've actually been quite proud of myself for keeping my goals in sight and not falling back on bad habits too often. I'm not reaching for a bag of cookies every time I feel a little down, I'm not driving through the drive thru because I don't want to put any thought into what to make myself for dinner since it's just me, and I don't sit still for very long.

But today got me. Emilee stayed with her daddy last night. I got a call this morning that she had a meltdown last night and sobbed because she wishes she could have her whole family in one house again. She doesn't like having to miss one of us when at the other's house. *sigh* She's been having behavioral issues when with me, but her dad says she's great for him (was always the case when we were living together, but it's even worse apart). She is definitely a 4 year old, complete with attitude and button pushing skills. After hearing about her being so upset and knowing how she's been acting with me, I feel like she blames me for it all since she really can't understand what's going on. All she knows is Mom and Dad don't live together because Mom moved out and took us with her. :( We talk a lot, her teachers say she's the same happy-go-lucky Em that she's always been, and she still smiles and laughs a lot... I just ache inside knowing that she gets so upset. So, I fed my emotions today. Not like I feel any better for it. Worse actually. My stomach doesn't like grease as much anymore and I know I'm going to have to punish myself with my workouts tonight. Oh well... this too shall pass right?

On a happy note...

Down another pound this week for a total of 22 pounds. I finally did my measurements and lost almost 2 more inches as well. :) YAY!! I've tracked on MyFitnessPal religiously for the past week and then some which was a goal I set and met as well. Unfortunately, last week did not really go as smoothly as I had hoped.

Monday - no workout, yet I can't quite remember why. LOL I sooo should remember to blog more often!
Tuesday - a friend guilted me into a killer workout and in the end I was thankful to him. :) I did P90X back & shoulders and then ran as fast as I could for 10 minutes on the treadmill.
Wednesday - it was gorgeous, so I loaded Abby into the jogging stroller and we headed to Menards to pick up garbage bags. Turns out from my driveway to the Menards entrance and back is 3.1 miles!
Thursday - OMG I was so sick!!! My stomach was rolling all day and the headache that came with it made you not want to move a muscle!
Friday - was going to skip, but got guilted again. LOL 20 minutes of some aerobics DVD on Netflix and then 10 minutes of Pilates. LOL Better than nothing and I was sweating to beat the band.
Saturday - I was a slacker. No excuse.
Sunday - 70 minutes of ice time at hockey practice. I needed it soooo bad! It cleared my head, chased away the blahs, smooshed my stress and just gave me a happy feeling again. I left the rink with a big smile on my face and very sweaty clothes. :)
Monday - apparently we aren't done with the sickies yet, Abs was down with a 103 temp and my mom was sick, so my run got postponed and I ended up doing yard work almost the entire night. I finally gave up when I couldn't see the piles I raked any longer. I'm sore today!! LOL

And on the food front, I've found myself reaching for naughty things more frequently than I had been, so I'm going to have to be more conscious of that. 17 days till Vegas and counting!!! No time for life to get me down. :)

Comments

Popular Posts