Bring on summer!!

The weather today helps me believe that summer is really on it's way! :) I can't wait!! I have so many things I want to do with my girls this summer. This is the first summer that both of them are independent enough to take bigger outtings. It all starts tonight... FISHING!! Papa has a deep boat that I know Abby can't fling herself over the side of, so we're going to try to catch dinner this evening.

I have to admit, I didn't stick to my plan for the week. :( It's my own fault. I didn't make the time I should have. After Monday's run I was pretty gimpy for a couple of days. Today is the first day my legs haven't felt overly wobbly, so I'm planning a pretty solid workout tonight. There's no excuse for why I didn't do arms and abs on those days off... so, I'm disappointed in myself for slacking. But the past is the past right?!

The scale shows me down again this week. WOOHOO!! I'm officially back to my pre-pregnancy weight with my oldest. In other words, I haven't seen this number (except for a fleeting couple of weeks post delivery... and I mean fleeting!) for over 5 years! From here on out the milestones get even more and more important to me. I've spent so many years not taking care of myself!

For those who aren't familiar with my history, I played high school and college hockey. I know I'll never be that physically fit again. LOL But I still weighed between 155-165 pounds due to my muscle mass. After one year of college hockey I quit to get married and my weight started climbing up. Within 2 years I was up 30 pounds and haven't been able to shed that weight (and the extra I've added over the years) for any significant amount of time since. In 2001 I joined Weight Watchers and shed 45 pounds. I got down to 161, but Weight Watchers wouldn't consider me at goal until I hit 154. It was so discouraging. I hadn't weighed 154 at any point past adolescence. Needless to say, I never made it. And after almost two years of maintaining in the 160s things got out of control again and that was the end of that.

But, I learned something from that journey that will always be with me... and is often preached when it comes to getting fit, losing weight, or anything in life really. SET ATTAINABLE GOALS!!! I didn't fit the cookie cutter mold WW had set for people of my height. I would get so down on myself and I had no reason to... I looked great, felt great and had accomplished great things! And when I got down on myself for not losing more, I would emotionally eat. We all know where that gets ya!

So, this time... it's more about how I look and feel than the number on the scale. I am a woman... that number does have some psychological links for me and I love to see it go down. But it's not nearly as imporant as what I see in the mirror, or the measurements I take each month! I'm no longer in plus size clothes. I had a blast trying on a bucket of old pants and jeans last night... they all fit!!! LOL I never thought I'd get back into most of them! Even though some of them went directly into the Goodwill bag because they are pretty out of date compared to the style I wear now. It was still a good feeling to get back into them.

Realistically... as far as goals go... I want to get down one more size. I know I can maintain the next size down and be happy with it. Then tone up. :) It may mean that the scale says 175 pounds or 165 pounds... who knows. But that's fine. If I keep losing, I won't be upset, but I'm not going to pressure myself to fit into a certain weight range based on someone else's body type. I know what works for me! :) So... I guess that's the message I want to pass along today. Don't let society or charts based on random people decide what you should be happy with. It's your body and your self image... do what is best for you and you'll be more likely to make it stick! I don't have the body to EVER be a size 4 or 6. I wouldn't mind wearing that size, but it would never happen. God didn't have that in plan for me. LOL I have skater's legs, wide hips and a badonk a donk butt. LOL Maybe I could get back into a size 10 with some stretch... but I'm too old to kill myself for a pair of pants. :)

Oh and on a side note... in preparation for Vegas, my best friend and I have invested in some body wraps. They help detox your body and help you tighten bloated areas. So far I'm pretty pleased with the results, but I've only done one wrap. We will do 2 more before we leave, so stay tuned for that update! :)

Comments

Popular Posts