Slowly Returning to Full Power

So, I didn't mention in my previous post that I didn't get to run Whistlestop at all. It was a sad day in our house when we decided against going at all. It's now almost two weeks post-race and I still don't feel like I am back up to 90% of my original energy and stamina levels. It's crazy! I haven't run in over a month either.

It's time to change that... the weather disagrees! I am registered for my first trail run next month. Actually, the race is in three weeks. I'm nervous, but it is a walk/run, so I feel confident that I can finish one way or another. Plus, it's only 3.1 miles... which kind of sounds like 10 at this point. HA!

I'm starting at ground zero again. Oh, and that weather I mentioned... yeah, our 15-day forecast has some kind of precipitation (snow, rain or mix) predicted 10 of the 15 days! Mother Nature is cranky. I don't mind running in the rain in the summer, but it's not nearly as fun doing it with a feels like temp of 20 degrees! I do believe it is time for me to get more acquainted with our indoor track and the treadmills at the Wellness Center on campus.

I tried going back to muay thai last week and felt like I was going to die. This week went a lot better, but still not great. I hate feeling weak! I did manage to make it back to karate this week though, and that felt pretty good. They definitely use different levels of strength and energy.


With limited energy I'm also finding it hard to get and stay motivated. When I'm tired I just want to grab easy, comfort foods. I'm tired every night! The lost progress is frustrating and is creating a big of deflation in my motivation level as well. Then, knowing I'm going to have a follow up appt with my weight loss doc next week... UGH! This will be the first month of zero progress. Simply put, I didn't put in the effort needed! I'm 100% at fault. I'm not excited about that appointment, but I need it. I need the ownership and accountability it will bring.

There's one more thing that comes with all of this... I'm feeling good about my progress and I'm getting too comfortable. Yeah, I haven't been packing on the pounds like I have in the past, but I also haven't had any steady downward progress in forever! The doc gets to see a two pound loss in a month, when I get to see the up and down of the scale all month long before I finally kick myself in the butt and make a solid effort to get it to go down in time for my appointment. That's not going to happen this time! I've been busted in my own game... it's about time!


Cheating never works out in your favor. I know this! I've had this problem in the past and maybe it is actually a good conversation to have with my doc. I found a way to cheat on Weight Watchers when I did it. I found a way to cheat on Atkins. I found a way to cheat on every diet I've ever tried. It worked... until it didn't. Eventually I just stopped trying and gained all the weight back. I don't want to go there this time. I am not ready to throw in the towel and say I can't do this. I CAN do this. I need to find the right mindset again.



Comments

Popular Posts