One Race Downgraded... Two Races Added

After over two weeks of being sick and ending up in the ER getting IV meds and fluids, it's time to admit that I cannot run the Whistlestop half marathon next weekend. *sigh* While I'm extremely bummed, I'm not giving up one my plans for running another half marathon. Specifically, I'm not giving up on my plans to run Whistlestop again, I'll just have to postpone it one more year.
In better news... The Hubby and I were one of the first 7500 runners to register for Grandma's Half Marathon next year. It's actually called the Gary Bjorklund Half Marathon, but it's better known in this area as Grandma's Half since it's part of Grandma's Marathon weekend. This year, instead of a lottery, they opened registration on a first-come-first-serve basis. The Hubby, both of his sisters, and several of our friends all got in as well. It should be an amazing race weekend, that's for sure!

I also took the plunge and signed up for my first 5K trail run. I've always wanted to run a trail run, but I've been too scared to do it. So, Sunday, November 12th a good friend of mine and I are going to hit the trail for a fun, fall run. I'm excited, nervous, slightly freaking out... One more test for this old body, I guess! It'll be awesome!!

So, that's my update. While I'm bummin' about the downgrade in next weekend's race, I'm okay with it. I'm just looking forward to feeling a bit more human than I have this past week. This virus hit me hard and I've been knocked flat on my back for days. Add in that I haven't been able to run for almost two weeks, I haven't been to muay thai in over three weeks - actually since my sash test - because of my work schedule and then getting sick... and same goes for karate. I'm a mess!!! I just want to return to my life. It's hard to downshift so suddenly when you're going full speed ahead. I soooo don't do down time well!

Not to mention that I'm a total comfort food eater when I'm sick. While I'm not eating a lot, I'm not eating well. Oops!! We're 10 days from race day and two weeks from our annual "we need time together" vacation with The Hubby. Tomorrow sounds like a perfect time to get back on track and feeling more like me.

Comments

Popular Posts