Fiesta Fun Friday!

It's finally Friday! Fiesta Friday! WAHOO!! I'll explain the fiesta part in the minute, but that means Friday weigh in, which was actually the same. I'm fine with that after three days straight of food, drinks and fun. And this week went incredibly fast. I can definitely tell we are quickly headed toward summer break. Things are starting to pick up and our family calendar is filling up fast!

I had an amazing Mother's Day weekend. We spent the weekend at my parent's house (which we all still call "The Cabin") and celebrated my mom's birthday and Mother's Day together. There were lots of good food and giggles to go around. Plus, it's always beyond relaxing out there. My girls wore themselves out by following Papa around and helping him with little projects and coaxing Nana to dig through the shed to find treasures for them to play with and use in their make believe games. It inspired creativity and exploration and I love that my kids always take that challenge head on!

Monday meant back to work, but the fun didn't stop! I went out with two wonderful friends for a much needed Girls Night Out. Nothing like good food, good drinks and good people to kick of your week!! Add in that we had a softball meeting for my oldest (her first year - she's so nervous and excited), shopping for outfits for their concerts, then the concerts themselves and poof... we are at the end of the week. Funny enough... as far as food goes, this wasn't a bad week and although I indulged over the weekend, I was able to get my weight back down (which I couldn't earlier this year, it wanted to stay up). I'm very aware of how much I eat and am really working on cutting back on desserts and drinks. It's crazy how many calories you can drink if you were to just have a beer or two with friends! Since activity is still limited, food is the only thing I can control and I feel like I'm finally winning that war. It's no longer controlling me. It truly is a daily battle sometimes... mentally and physically.

So, there is officially only one week left of school for my girls! They are pumped to get an early start on summer vacation, but Mom is obsessing over the family calendar to get the extra time covered with child care. They are out a solid 2 weeks before the public schools are and 2 1/2 weeks before summer camp starts. Oh how I wish I could just take the summer off with them!

Anyway... tonight and Sunday are Hubby & Me days since we don't have kiddos those days. I have my girls on Saturday and we'll get out and play if it's nice out. But I'm looking forward to some quiet adult time too before summer chaos really takes over! And here's where the Fiesta Friday comes in. The hubby is making Fiesta Lime Chicken tonight, so stay tuned for a recipe critique next week on that one. I'm so happy he likes to cook, because I don't! I never have, but I used to because if I didn't, no one would and I knew I couldn't just feed my kids cereal and microwave meals. Oh and we are also going to go watch the new Avengers movie. I'm so excited!! Yup, I'm a geek!

Other than all of that fun, my physical therapist has officially released me to get in the pool. I was going to do that on Saturday, but now that I have kids, we may all go to the pool together. That means less exercise and more fun, but I'll get to test it out. She said to start slow and listen to my body, but is very happy with my progress. I have very minimal pain and the tightness seems to be dissipating each day. My only complaint is bad weather. We've had a week of dreary weather and my arm just aches on those days. That has nothing to do with recovery and therapy... that's just a bonus to having surgery. I have one more body part that can predict the weather. YAHOO! The hubby has been feeling it this week in his leg that he broke in January of last year. I keep telling him we are getting old.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. It's crazy to me that next weekend is Memorial Day weekend already. I have so many good childhood memories from that weekend. It was the summer kick off weekend and we always went camping. My goal is to get our kids out camping at least once this year. Even if it's camping outside at the cabin! Anyway... HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!

Comments

Popular Posts