Week One a SUCCESS!!!

Week one back on Weight Watchers (WW) and I'm proud to report it was like spending time with an old friend. My first week back I lost 5.2 pounds and never felt starved, deprived or like I was "dieting". I just felt like I was back on track again, which felt GREAT!!

I'm not on track with my activity yet. Unfortunately, the latest test to figure out where my side pain comes from revealed good and bad news... I officially don't have asthma anymore, but my lungs were not the culprit of my side pain. :( My last option is a CT scan, but honestly I don't know if I want any more bills. I DO want an answer, but the bills from the last two tests haven't come yet and I'm a tad scared. So... I'm not sure what my next step is, but I'm a wee bit discouraged. I'm not ready to give up an active lifestyle, so I have to figure out a way around it. Thankfully, I'm beyond stubborn!!!

I haven't given up on running completely. This weekend, if the weather cooperates, I'm doing a fun run. Actually, it's a ZOMBIE RUN!! How cool does that sound? I hope the weather holds out because this one has my interests piqued. Two weeks from tomorrow I'm also running the 2nd annual Chickuamegon 5K with my mom again. We ran it together last year and had a blast, so why ruin a good thing? This year my best friend is joining us, plus I have several friends from that area who are participating too. I love runs with lots of people I know! And I believe this one will officially wrap up my racing season. I won't stop running, but I'm not much for racing on icy streets, so I'll go on hiatus until March.

Meanwhile, I hope to work on core strength, maybe improve my swimming skills and just focus on finding a way to be active without pain. Oh, my women's hockey team should be ramping things up pretty soon as well. I can't wait!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful fall weekend and a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! I'll check back after my next meeting. Until then... don't let the Halloween candy win!

Comments

Popular Posts