Hello Old Friend!

Sometimes it’s a good thing to fall back and rely on an old friend. That’s what I find myself doing right now.

I managed to change my life and lose weight almost effortlessly just under 2 years ago. It didn’t fall off over night. but I didn’t really put a lot of stress on what I was doing and just went with the flow. In 14 months I lost almost 50 pounds. Unfortunately, my body has decided to shake things up a bit. After getting sooooo close to that 50 pound mark, my weight started to creep back up. I gained by 15 pounds in just three months and have maintained that higher weight for another three. So, it was time to take control. Waiting it out didn’t seem to be working anymore.
About a month ago I saw got an email at work announcing that they were looking for participants for at-work Weight Watchers (WW) meetings. I went back and forth about it for a few weeks before putting my name on the list. Almost 13 years ago I had my first encounter with WW and we became great friends. I lost 45 pounds and felt fantastic. Unfortunately, I learned how to cheat the system and in reality cheat myself, so after abusing poor WW we decided to part ways.
Walking into that meeting this week was actually a lot like seeing an old friend. It felt comfortable and right. I was happy to be there, excited to get started and very motivated to be surrounded by so many co-workers who would be embarking on this journey with me. We were all going to be a team for at least the next 19 weeks. BRING IT ON!!!
Many thing have changed in 13 years. They now have mobile apps. WOOHOO!!! I can track my points, look up my foods, etc. all from my phone. Talk about slick!  Their points system has changed. They now base their points value on fat, carbs, fiber and protein. Goodbye calories!! I believe this will be a great change for me because with PCOS I’m supposed to limit my bad carbs or high doses of carbs and this new program definitely does the job there. They also have new goodies, new trinkets and new toys… all of which I plan to learn more about!
So, today is day one. Not a horrible day, but I need to go grocery shopping for sure! The program changed just enough that my old trusties may have to be shaken up a bit to incorporate some new trusties! Time to check labels and find some new breakfast and snack options! And, of course, try some new recipes! WW dinner #1 is Baked Salmon & Rice. I’m not a huge fish person, but I’m willing to give anything a shot, so here goes nothing!!! I’ll report back… as long as the fish doesn’t kill me!

Comments

Popular Posts