Less than a month...

27 days to be exact. Oh. My. Good. Golly. Gee. Wiz!!! How did it get to be under a month till race day so quickly?? I feel so incredibly NOT READY! LOL It's been a tough transition into the working world as far as my workout schedule goes. I went from barely having a job (I worked part-time from home less than 40 hours a month) to working three 11-12 hours days last week! Yeah, that left very little time for a workout. But I still got a few in last week.

The next couple of weeks I'm really focusing on swimming. It is by far my weakest point in the trio of activities and I need to start this race off as strong as possible. At this point, I'm praying I can just finish. Period.

Tonight I did some interval training on the treadmill. It felt pretty good. :) Tomorrow I'll try to get out for a bike ride after the kids are in bed, but that's always a toss up (no, I won't leave them here alone, their Nana is staying over tomorrow night lol). I have a 3 year old who sometimes feels that staying in bed is totally overrated and her goal for the evening is to see how many times she can come downstairs with a different excuse or question before mommy loses her cool. It's amazing how many different excuses someone so young can dream up. As frustrating as it is, I'm also impressed with her mad skills for stalling bedtime.

Wednesday and Thursday are kid free evenings. I'll be hitting the pool for sure on Wednesday right after work - I finally found the magic hour for the pool, but it requires me getting up earlier in the morning to get to work earlier and get off earlier. Earlier... UGH!!! Did I mention I am SO not a morning person!?!?  Thursday I'm hoping to hit the pool again before my softball game that evening. Gotta use all the hours you have right?? OY!! And finally, Friday, I'm joining in on the Grandma's Marathon festivities and running the Irvin 5K the night before the marathons and wandering the health & wellness fair. Then I'll be at the finish line  to see my best friend finish her first half marathon on Saturday morning. She was there when I crossed after my first, so I'm excited to be there for her's.

Needless to say, with only 27 days left until race day... I'm freaking out, feeling totally under trained, and hoping to hone some lacking skills in the final weeks. A week from Sunday I'll do my first mini tri and then we'll know the whole story. I'll know if the bigger lakes are still so cold that all of my limbs will be numb just in time to come out and ride my bike, or not. And I'll get a better idea of how to work the transition points since those are still a complete mystery to me.

Next big dilemma... what to wear?!?! EEEEEEEEEKK!!!! LOL Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts