Brickity, Brick, Brick, Brick... UGH!!

Once I get through a brick and don't feel like I want to die, I may actually believe that I can do this triathlon. LOL But for now, I'm scared to death!

Tonight's brick consisted of a 45 minute bike ride which I totally rocked!! I crushed the overpass on Highway 35 going south out of town. And for the first time, I had a pace of over 12mph for average on the ride. I usually average around 10mph. So, I was feeling pretty awesome after almost 9 miles. Then I hit the pavement to run and could feel everything start to cramp up. My calves were screaming! I purposely slowed my pace... Note to self: do not eat ice cream with the girls an hour and a half before you decide to take on that many miles of South Superior!!

I'm not sure how much I've talked about the pain I get under my ribs when I run, but it is annoying. I have done everything suggested for a side stitch, so I think I've ruled that out, but it feels similar. My chiropractor thinks that it is the lower lobe of my right lung having too little lubricant for the rubbing it goes through when I run. The frustrating part about that... I can't fix it!!! So, I have to find a way to deal with it. So far, no luck! It ends up being a pain that almost makes me double over if I try to push through it and keep my steady pace. If I slow down, I can keep it to a low dull, but I'm definitely not going to break any personal records that way! So, tonight it hit me hard, even though I was going slow. I'm sure it was the combo of already exerting my lungs and then running. And it's frustrating me to no end!! But, I finished. It wasn't a great run, but I finished. Problem is... the bike and run were 1/2 of what I need to accomplish on race day. EEK!!!

I slacked off last week, so I'm making the most of my final week off. After six months of being unemployed, I'm finally heading back into the working world again. I'm so excited, but balancing everything is definitely going to be interesting. My work schedule, kids' schedule, training schedule and two softball team schedules, not to mention having some sort of life! LOL Bring it on!!!!

Tomorrow's excitement will include about 45 minutes of swimming in the morning and then some interval training in the afternoon. Wednesday will be a minimum of an hour bike ride with Thursday being my rest day - well, if I count softball as resting. :) Friday is a swim day with an evening softball game. See what I mean about schedules?? I love it though. I love being busy!

Now, if I could just convince myself to get back on track with my food and choose better options when all of this exercise is making me ravenous! Baby steps...

Comments

Popular Posts