10 Running Related Questions

A friend, and fellow blogger, Kayla of Fit For Moms posted her response to a fun set of questions for running bloggers/moms to answer, and then challenged fellow readers to answer the questions as well. So, I thought I'd follow her lead and post them here for all of you to read. Feel free to grab these and run with them yourself, even if you don't blog. It's kind of nice to highlight your running journey from time to time!

Alright... be patient with me! LOL

1. Best run ever: My first 6 mile run. I couldn't believe I had done it. The farthest I had ever run to that point was a 5 mile race. When I finished I realized that I had run that 6 miles faster than I had completed the 5 mile race. I was beyond proud of myself that night and it helped me mentally realize I CAN DO THIS!

2. Three words that describe my running: Theraputic, Challenging, Motivating

3. My go-to running outfit is: Changing! But so is the weather. :) I still instantly grab for my running capris, tank, running socks, shoes and Nike visor. But my last run I switched over to my fitted cropped pants and a short sleeved shirt. Next run I'll test a long sleeved running shirt since race day could prove to be quite cold in mid-October!

4. Quirky habit while running: Dancing! I can't help it. Some songs just hit me funny and you'll see me doing little goofy steps or bobbing my head and moving my arms in a crazy not-so-great dance style.

5. Morning, midday, evening: Evening!! I'm a night owl to begin with, but I enjoy running away the stresses of the day.

6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Too humid. My lungs can't handle it.

7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: I haven't been running long but, my back has been a constant battle. I actually go to the chiropractor every other week and see her in-house massage therapist the opposite weeks to keep my body willing and able to make it through this training and race. Worst injury ever is a toss up between destroying my right knee through hockey and softball or tearing my rotator cuff. Both required surgery and physical therapy, lots of patience, determination and belief that I would get back up and going!

8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: When my oldest told me one day after school that she likes running just like I do. "It's fun," she said, but quickly followed that with, "But I don't really like to get that sweaty." LOL I like that she sees what I'm doing as fun and shows interest.

9. Next race is: An impromptu sign up for the Cloquet River Run on Saturday, September 22nd. But my big race goal is the Whistlestop Half Marathon in Ashland, WI on October 13th.

10. Potential running goal for 2013: Increasing my speed is always a goal. But next year's big goal is to complete at least one Sprint Triathalon (usually includes running a 5K, swimming 1/4 of a mile, and biking 10 miles or something close to that). Otherwise I'm looking forward to doing a few mud runs and maybe a repeat at Whistlestop if everything goes smoothly this year.


Now it is your turn! Leave a link to your responses to the same questions from your blog in the comments! I can’t wait to hear from you!

Comments

Popular Posts