Vegas Bootcamp Time!!!!

It's crunch time! I leave for Las Vegas in exactly one month. Since hitting my 20 pound goal and even getting the scale to show me down a couple more pounds beyond it, I have gained back 5 pounds. :( It's my own fault. Bad habits have snuck back up on me. I have enjoyed my weekends a bit too much, drank a few more beers than I normally do (since I'm not a big drinker at all - this is a big one), and haven't gotten my workouts or water in during that time to help balance it out even a bit. :( So, I'm to blame. I am also finding myself falling back on my absolute WORST bad habit of wanting to eat when mad, frustrated, stressed, etc. It's been a rough couple of weeks emotionally and I'm reaching for all the wrong things.

But I caught it in time. I refuse to watch that scale go back up to a nasty place of unhappiness. So I have a plan! More posting here because I'm always more accountable when I blog. I am back to tracking on MyFitnessPal.com again as of today. It's easy, I have an app and it makes me think before I stuff something stupid in my mouth. I'm also aiming to eat clean at least 4 days a week. No pre-made crap or fast food. Just meats I make, veggies, fruit and the only exception is that I will allow myself some whole-grain items. I'd be kidding myself if I said I was going to do it 7 days a week. But I think 4 is very reasonable and I know my body feels better when I eat better. Finally... back to the workouts. I have a treadmill! It laughs at me every night as I walk by it with my head hung down in shame because I haven't used it in forever. Well, I'm done being laughed at! I have race plans and I'm only letting myself down by not preparing for those races. So, a minimum of 30 minutes of 1-on-1 time with Mr. Tread. I also plan to throw Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred into the mix every other day. I know it's a daily program, but I know myself and I won't do it daily. Plus, an hour a day is not overdoing it by any means.

So, there it is... a plan. I have an attainable goal, a plan on how to attain it and executable steps to that plan. This can be done. I owe it to myself to get back on track and really put some effort into this. I've been looking forward to this trip for months. I want to feel good when I wear my new "little black dress" and I don't want to feel self defeated because I didn't do what I could to be physically and emotionally ready for this trip. To me it's not just a vacation to Vegas. It's sooo much more! It's my first fun trip... first time flying for fun instead of work/school... and it's a sign of my new independence. Almost like a right of passage for being an adult, single, and ready to live life as it is. I know... it's just a trip. But it's so much more! :)

Alright... enough babbling! I have 30 days. My best friend (who invited me on this trip) and I are having a little friendly competition. Weigh in is tomorrow and whoever loses the most weight by the time we leave will get $20 of gambling cash from the other person. LOL BRING IT ON!!!!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts