Major Milestone!!!

Hi all! Sorry for my absence. I really have no excuse other than sheer frustration. I have spent the last two months battling the same pound and a half. UGH!!! Hard to come report when I feel I have nothing to report. But, again, really no excuse since my original reason for this blog was to vent as well as share success.

Fortunately, today I get to share the success. After 7 weeks of battle with the scale I WON!!!! I officially broke my plateau and hit the 20 pound mark!!!  I'm at a number I haven't seen in forever and am just 10 pounds from a milestone that will likely lead to me shedding a few tears. LOL I'm bound and determined to hit wonderland before I leave for Vegas Memorial Day Weekend. :)

I also completed my first 5K race of the season last two weeks ago. That should have been news enough to come an update here. Sorry! But it went great! I did feel like I was going to die a few times... I need to train with more hills because I was not prepared for steady inclines. LOL But, in the end I finished with my best time! 36:30!! And I was super proud of my best friend for staying right by my side through the whole thing and finishing with me. My goal was under 38 minutes, her's was under 40. We blew those goals out of the water!! Plus, it was for an awesome cause. The Polar Bear 5K & 1 mile walk/run is a fundraiser for local grade schools. This year the school was Four Corners and they ended up receiving a check for $7,000!!!! Next year it's a new school and they just keep rotating around to each of the schools each year. What a fun way to get the community involved!

Next race is still up in the air since we're not sure if we're doing the Longville Run Around Woman 5 miler in May or not. But I am headed to Blaine a week from Friday for our big hockey tournament!! The ladies on my team have been talking about this tournament since the day I joined them in September! LOL I'm definitely excited!!!

Anyway... I guess that my update for now. I really haven't had much going on these past two months, so the updates would have been quite boring! LOL Hopefully I'll be back soon with more happy news from the Tale of the Scale! :)

Comments

Popular Posts