Weekly Menus a MUST!

I belong to a few Facebook groups and the topic of "what's for dinner" comes up often. Everyone's heard that you will have more success if your keep a food journal of what you eat. Many people find that difficult to do and forget. I have a solution for you! Menu Planning!

Sit down with your family on Sundays (or a day that works best for all of you) and plan out at least the next five days of meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Write your menu on the right side of a piece of paper and your shopping list on the right. Then when you're putting your food away after shopping, hang that menu up on the fridge. Or, if you like to keep things neat and fancy, or have a crafty side then check out ideas like this on Pinterest.

Anyway, the big thing about planning your menu is that you have, by default, already journaled your food. :) On top of that, you don't waste money or food because your meals and shopping list are preplanned. And the best part, at least my oldest thinks so, is that you can get the kids involved in deciding what's for dinner!

The biggest thing I've gotten out of this is a much less stressful, rushed evening. I pick the girls up from work and I know exactly what I'm going to make and that I have all of the ingredients I will need. No rushing around trying to figure out what to feed them with time left to bathe and get them in bed on time. Also, I find that I've been less likely to hit the drive thru at McD's just because I don't want to plan or make a dinner I haven't even figured out yet.

Give it a try! I also challenge some of you to go one step farther. I have a friend who suggested Meatless Mondays. Search out recipes that don't include meat. I, personally, just can't bring myself to do it. I'm a meat girl! Unless it's eggs or cheese pizza, I'm going to opt for meat with my meal every time. So, instead, if you can't give up your meat, I challenge you to find a one new recipe to try each week (again, Pinterest is my best friend here). If you like it, please comment and give me a link or even the recipe. I'm always looking for new ideas!

The results of meal planning and Plexus Slim after just three weeks...

Both are worth a try, but I will say that menu planning as made my life so much better!!

Comments

Popular Posts