Happy 2012!!!! New Year, New Goals!

Can you hear all the little noise makers going off in your head as you read that title? I do! LOL It's a new year... clean slate... a new present and future. 2011 is the past, it's history! Sayonara Baby!!!

This year is already shaping up to be one that will give me my biggest personal challenges, and not just regarding weight loss. It's also one that will give me the opportunity to show what I am made of, improve my sense of self-worth and self-esteem, and hopefully one that will be just the beginning of many more to come.

With that said, I'm starting this year off with new goals. I don't like to say "New Year's Resolutions" because I hope to continue them on through the next year and the next year...

1. Make time for me. In order to be a better mom to my girls, I need to be happy with myself and have a healthy mind.

2. Be realistic with myself. Don't set goals too hard to accomplish and set expectations that are unhealthy because it just leads to self-defeat and a loss of self-esteem. This year is about building myself UP, not tearing myself down.

3. Set good examples for my girls. I don't just mean with my food choices either. If I expect my girls to grow up into adults who are respected, treat others kindly and show compassion to others I have to start showing that to them now while they are willing to learn and practice what they see.

Notice that not one of these says, "Lose 50 pounds this year" or "Work out at least 5x a week every week." I refuse to set those kinds of limits on my goals this year. I'm allowing myself to have failures or missteps as long as I continue to try! That is one thing I've carried over from last year. I refused to give up. I would lose, gain, lose, gain... it was a vicious cycle and related almost directly to my stress levels or moods. But, in the end I was still adamant that I lose SOMETHING. I wanted something to show for the hard work I put it when I was making good decisions. And I wanted something to show me that I can plow through with some form of success even if it wasn't the original success I had in mind when I started. So, after all was said and done, I lost 12 pounds last year. Yeah, it's not stellar, but it's 12 pounds less than this time last year. That's 12 boxes of butter, or two sacks of flour and two boxes of butter. I'll tell you what... I wouldn't want to have to walk through the grocery store for 12 hours carrying that flour and butter. Now I don't have to carry it on my butt either!! :)

With all of that said these goals aren't directed just at weight loss or exercise... they encompass my life as a whole. They are geared toward my job, my photography business, my parenting, and who I want to be.

Another journey I've started for 2012 does directly effect my health and weight loss. After watching a friend shrink before my eyes on Facebok I asked her what her secret was. I kept hearing her talk about this little "pink drink." She asked me if I'd be interested in a 3-day trial supply and I jumped at it. Here was a person who was actually LOSING weight over the holiday season. How could that be? Doesn't everyone gain? So, a few days later I got my Plexus Slim trial pack in the mail. Talk about easy. One pill and one drink a day. Actually the pill is even optional. My appetite was curbed... huge for someone who was eating like every meal was her last. My energy was up. And best of all, I wasn't feeling sluggish or having that afternoon crash. I was sold!!! I ordered my first month's supply with the theory that I had nothing to lose but fat! Especially since they offer a 60-day money back guarantee. I didn't start taking it religiously over Christmas break because... well, I was scared. I knew my mind wasn't in the right spot and I didn't want to drink this pink drink and then still have the mindset that I needed to gorge myself. But I did drink it here and there. Guess what?!? I lost 2 pounds while I was off on an 11 day vacation! That's unheard of!!! Home with two kids, all the cookies and candies and bars in their containers so easily accessible to me... and yet I never felt the need to gorge myself. I wasn't trying to be good either. I had a horrible attitude. LOL

And now I'm motivated! Plus, the motivation pushed me to do one more thing... I became an ambassador for Plexus Slim. Why not lose weight and share my "secret" with everyone else. It's how my friend got me hooked. I saw her success and wanted to do the same. I'm hoping that my success will influence others to do what they need to do this year as well. That may not be Plexus Slim, but whatever works for them!

Anyway... enough babbling! That's my start to 2012. I know I need this blog to keep myself going, so I don't plan to abandon you anytime soon!

Comments

Popular Posts