Long time no see!

Hi all! I'm sheepishly stepping back up to the plate. Actually... I haven't only been ashamed to come here, I wasn't sure what to say. Recently it hit me. Sure, I'm broadcasting my life to anyone who wants to read it, but this is where I vowed that I would get my thoughts out and I didn't. I suffered the price too.

So, since I've been back here things really went downhill. My marriage had hit an all-time low after I thought it had hit the lowest it could go two months before. My husband and I had agreed that neither of us was happy and I needed to leave to give us both some space since I had somewhere to go. So, I packed my stuff and a bunch of the kids' things and moved into my parents for a week and a half. It seems so much longer looking back. I really thought it was the end. I definitely learned that I'm an emotional eater and will use any excuse under the sun to eat what I want when I want it.

Fortunately, we were able to talk things out and I realized I really didn't want to do so many things separate that were happening. Our oldest started preschool, our youngest was walking all over the place suddenly but at the same time was regressing in many areas due to the constant back and forth of houses and unfamiliarity of staying at my parents. Plus, the worse I felt the more I ate.

We are finally back on somewhat solid and stable ground, but my weight suffered the price. I managed to gain 6 pounds back in just a couple of weeks. Thankfully I've maintained that, but it's been almost impossible getting back on track. I do okay for a day or two and then fall completely off the wagon again. It's frustrating.

On a good note, this month I started playing hockey again. I really don't know how to express in words how that makes me feel. Hockey is such a huge part of who I am. I am happiest on the ice. It's amazing how much it changed my mental issues just getting out and skating a few times. I wish I could skate more than a couple of times a month, but it is definitely motivating me to get moving again. I have no lung capacity, no stamina and well... I'm just flat out of shape. So, my goal is to hit the treadmill for 20-30 minutes 1x per day 5 days a week. Then I'm going to increase it each week by 2 minutes. Hopefully I can kickstart my lungs! LOL But honestly, hockey has made me happy again. I feel like me. Not just MOM or THE WIFE. I'm Lyndsay. I have my own identity again and I love it!!

And for the final update... I have joined a small group of friends online who challenged each other to lose 15 pounds by the holidays. When we started it, it was coincidentally 15 weeks until Christmas. So, 15 in 15. Definitely doable. The first week, with little effort on my part, I lost almost 2 pounds. So, that's a start. Now I just need to find some stability in my diet and exercise routine and I should be able to make this happen. I'm determined!!! The hubby laughed at me and told me we picked a horrible time of the year to attempt something like that, but it just made me more determined. He wasn't laughing AT me, more at our timing. But oh well. The gauntlet has been thrown. I want to prove I can do it... I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

I hope everyone's fall is off to a spectacular start. The colors are really beautiful here already and it makes being a photographer that much more fun when I have beautiful weather, beautiful colors and awesome clients to get out and enjoy it all with.

I promise not to be gone so long this time. :) Till then... drink up!! Water's good for the complexion. :)

Comments

Popular Posts