Easiest, yummy soup!

So, I'm feeling crummy. Pretty sure I have a sinus infection to go with this nasty cold, so I've been craving comfort foods. With limited time last night due to it being a gymnastics night, I had to throw something together that wasn't going to kill my points balance. I did and it was exactly what I needed! The hubby even liked it and took the leftovers to work today for lunch!

Here it is!

Tortellini & Spinach Soup
Serves: 3 (although we broke it into 4)
Points Value: 8

6 cups of chicken broth
1 pkg of small tortellinis (I used the cheese & garlic Buitoni tortellinis - 3 servings per package)
1 bag of fresh spinach
Basil (to taste)
Ground Pepper (to taste)
Garlic Powder (to taste)
Season Salt (to taste - I used Lawry's)

Heat broth & spices (feel free to add whatever you like) to a boil, add tortellinis and cook till floating. Then add spinach and let simmer or about 5 minutes on low until spinach is cooked through.

I'm telling you... EASY PEASY!!! And soooo yummy! Simple, homecooked, chicken noodle type soup. You can add any veggies you want to this recipe. I'm just not a huge fan, so I kept it super simple with very minimal prep work or time. Enjoy!!!

Comments

Popular Posts