Finding time...

It's amazing how much life can make it difficult to find time to have a life!! So, where have I been? Since I last visited things in my house have been beyond exciting. {Enter children stage right}

I picked my oldest up the from school the Friday before Valentine's Day. They had a little party and fun day at her preschool that day. I got there and her teachers tell me, "Emilee just hasn't been herself today." UH OH!! Sure enough, one sick Bean! She was so out of it all afternoon/evening and slept for hours! But she was well enough the next day to go to her best friend's birthday party!!!

Just after the wonderful birthday party, my youngest is acting off. Thinking it's going to be a quick little bug like my oldest I am set for it. Little did I know that this was not a "quick little bug." This nasty, mega bug knocked my poor baby flat on her butt for DAYS!!! I never knew an 8 month old could puke so much without eating or drinking anything. 10 days!!! She puked for 10 days!! My house was a wreck for days and days!

Then, as soon as I got the baby to stop puking, the dog started. OY!!

Daddy got hit pretty hard too. So did Nana. I, on the other hand, have had a mild case of it and tried to keep my house and family from falling into ruins. In the meantime, I devoted myself to comfort eating when I wasn't cleaning the floors, bathroom, washing clothes, cleaning crib sheets...

On top of all of the yukky fun, my hubby and I managed to go out on a date together for Valentine's Day. Our first date since before Abby was born! And this past weekend we had our baby girl baptised, so in our family that meant a gathering of good friends, family, and lots of yummy, not-so-points-friendly foods. Oh well!! It's a once in a lifetime event.

So, we're coming up on my 2 month mark. What do I have to show for it? Well, on a good note, I hit my 5% mark!!! For those not familiar with Weight Watchers, they celebrate milestones such as each 5 pound mark, 5%, 10%, 16 weeks (if you go to meetings), goal, and lifetime. This goal means that I have lost 5% of my total starting weight. WOOHOO!!!

I'm also solidly in size 16 pants!! When I started I was bursting out of my 18s and utterly depressed that I was still wearing mostly maternity pants because I refused to buy any new pants that started with the number 2 unless that was the ONLY number on the lable. (HA!! That'll never happen!!!)

And my darling hubby finally took the plunge this week and started counting points again. So, we're officially a team. He's been accepted to run the Grandma's half marathon in June (along with several 5Ks with me), so he starts training tonight and felt that WW worked great for him in the past and will be a great accompaniment to his new goals.

Overall, for a crappy weight loss month - oh yeah, I am sitting at total of 2.2 pounds lost this month for a total of 12.6 pounds in two months. Not a bad average, but not a great month - it was a pretty successful month in general. I wasn't great about journalling and you all know I wasn't very good at blogging, so it serves me right.

On top of the girls being sick and all of the extra events, we're in the final 10 weeks of school, so graduation is looming. I can't wait!! I've probably mentioned that before. ;o) But that lends to very little extra time. I'm trying to get back on track with my running since I'm averaging about 2 runs a week instead of 3 and really need to get back on track. Now the hubby and I will be jockeying for position with ol Trixie.

Anyway... that's where I've been. I'm going to try to make a solid effort to check in more often and make March a more successful month. It's going to be an insanely busy month too. A trip to the in-laws for a photography session with the newest twin family members - Jim's cousin and his wife had boy/girl twins, a girls weekend with my two best friends who I haven't spent nearly enough time with lately, and a family trip to a hotel/waterpark. And that's just the first three weekends in March! I can do this!!!

Thanks for being patient with me. I still owe you all some recipes and pictures. I PROMISE you'll see them soon!!!

Unfortunately, I've only lost

Comments

Popular Posts