Bariatric Surgery Journey - Nutritionist Appt #3

 


It's been a week! As in, it's been a long, exhausting, trying week. The funny part is, when I say that to someone else, the response has been, "Oh, yes it has!" Apparently it's in the air or something. Just this week, Monday-Friday. we have had SEVEN appointments between myself and my 12-year-old. That sounds exhausting all by itself.

 


But, today was my turn again. I met with my Nutritionist. As part of the program, I have to see her every month, up until surgery. It's relatively painless (she does weigh time though *sigh*) and quick, but last month she had me worried when she said that they don't like to see gains on the scale after you start the program, and that they can choose not to allow me to continue if I were to continue gaining.

In my defense, September was my birthday, so yeah... I believe that was a full month of celebrating. Plus, it was my first month with them and I think I gained like half a pound. Last month I had gained about a pound more, which was when she said they don't like to see weight gain - neither do I sweetheart!

So I got my shiitake mushrooms (as my oldest likes to say, to get around the swear word) in order and pulled out a win for the team this month. I was down almost 5 pounds from highest point!! Here are the stats:

SW: 242
CW: 237
GW: TBD (probably 165-170)

The Nutritionist did reassure me that they will not consider me ineligible if I lose weight on my own before surgery, bringing down my BMI. But honestly, I'm still a little scared that that could happen. The problem for me isn't so much LOSING weight, but keeping it off without weightloss meds. I maintained around 180 for almost 3 years, but it took about 3 different meds to help me do so. And one cause my hair to fall out in clumps, so that had to be stopped.

Each visit we set a goal or two for me to focus on for the next month. This month I chose water intake (this one is every month), decreasing Diet Coke intake, and getting more fruits and veggies. I go back December 9th to check in on the completion of month three.

Comments

Popular Posts