Quick Check In



Hi!!! It's been far too long. I can't believe I missed posting the entire month of December! In my defense, it was insane around here. Final weeks of my fall courses, final weeks of the semester for work, admission for two nursing programs (we admitted over 200 new nursing students over a few weeks), Christmas prep, hockey practice and games... the list goes on and one. December came and went in the blink of an eye! Unfortunately, so did Christmas! But oh what a Christmas!

We successfully surprised the kids with a trip to Disney World! (Beware, there is screeching involved!)


So, tomorrow's the big day! We hit the road, jump a plane and head south for the winter. Well, part of the winter. Okay, a few nights. But oh how I am looking forward to the warm weather!!

Meanwhile, as of New Year's Day, I was officially up 14 pounds from my pre-Christmas weigh in for my DietBet (which I won by the way... $50+ baby!!) and felt quite rolly-polly. January 2nd I was back on track and successfully shed 20.6 pounds from the evening of January 1st to the morning of January 11th. Yes, over 20 pounds in 10 days. Insane right?!? My body does the craziest things. Obviously it was all water weight, but still. DANG!!! I wish I could lose another 20 as fast!

Ultimately, I feel like I finally have my food back under control. I'm on meds that are helping my gastritis, so I feel like my stomach is no longer waging a constant war against me. That's helpful. Next is to improve on my exercise. Oh yeah, half marathon training starts January 20th! Yup, I'm running another one. Well, same one as last year really, but I couldn't say no. It's good motivation to get my hiney moving!

So, with that, I'm off to see The Mouse! Well, I'm off to pack to see The Mouse. So much still to do, but it felt good to sit down and relax for a few minutes. I'm in the process of making shirts. Here are the ones for the kids to wear tomorrow for travel day...


I'm absolutely loving my new toy!! I bought a Cameo 3 (vinyl cutter/scrapbook cutter) with my photography money this fall. I told myself I couldn't use it until I finished my fall classes. So, I finally got to play with it after the new year and it's so fun!!!! Unfortunately, classes start back up Monday, while I'm in Disney. UGH! One semester left of classes, then I'm on to my thesis. Bring on graduation!!!

Comments

Popular Posts