Florida, I Miss You!!

It's hard to believe that one week ago we we enjoying our final day of our amazingly relaxing, fun Disney vacation with our Awesome Foursome! Since we've gotten home, it has either been below zero or snowing like it's gotta. I hate to say it, but I already have spring fever and we're forecasted for subzero temps most of this week and into next. I want to go back to Disney!!!!!

Speaking off... we made family trip t-shirts for three of the days of our trip.  I loved how their airport shirts turned out! A successful first project with my new Silhouette Cameo for sure. I'm definitely excited to make more things with this gadget! We also made bleached silhouette Mickey head shirts (you can see those in the Pandora pic) and I cut vinyl for the kids' shirts for the last day - each getting to place an order for a pattern of their choice. I didn't get a picture of all four of them wearing these because it was so cold the final day that Kenziebug never took off her sweatshirt. Bummer!



It was a very fast, whirlwind trip, but it was so fun! We did Magic Kingdom the first day, Animal Kingdom the second day, and then Hollywood Studios the final day. We put on a total of 35+ miles in those three days at the parks!

I bit the bullet this trip and paid for Memory Maker with our trip package this time. I'm happy I did. Being the photographer, I tend to be behind the camera far more than I am in front of it, even on vacation. At least these picture prove I was there. Plus, we got all of the fun shots from the rides and stuff. They are highly entertaining!


At Animal Kingdom I made sure we had a FastPass for the Kilimanjaro Safaris because it's a family favorite. We were there the day the mama giraffe gave birth! When we went through she was just minding her own business watching us drive by while standing behind bushes with little baby giraffe feet sticking out of her hoo ha! She wanted nothing to do with them trying to coax her into the sanctuary ahead of time I guess, but also didn't seem to care that we were even there.


The other family favorite at Animal Kingdom was Pandora, or better known to our kids as "The Avatar rides!" They did such an amazing job with this section of Animal Kingdom. And the rides were phenomenal! This one definitely ranked as one of my top three favorite areas - not parks, but areas. Animal Kingdom doesn't entertain our kids as much as some of the other parks for as long. Plus, it was pretty crowded when we were there this year.


Still my absolute favorite part of being at Disney World has to be the fireworks at Magic Kingdom! Plus, the crowd levels at Magic Kingdom that day were so low that we never waited more than 30 minutes for any rides, and even then, we only waited that long once! 


I've had some people asking questions about how we do Disney, so I'll devote a couple of posts to our reviews and tips from our trip since I've found Disney blogs helpful when planning our past two trips!

While I miss Disney, and the Florida weather (even though it was cooler after our first day), it is nice to be home. Unfortunately, I managed to likely eat something my body did not agree with and was sick the morning we were scheduled to fly back home, so it was a really rough trip home for me. Then, when we got home our thermostat said 46 degrees, so what little cash we had left from the trip paid the emergency furnace repair man to fix us up and give us heat again. Thankfully, he was able to do just that!

Since we are entirely back to reality, I stuck to my plans and ran yesterday. That officially kicked off my 2019 Grandma's Half Marathon Training Program! WOOHOO!! It was not a pretty run either. I'm so out of shape. Plus, I hate running on the treadmill! But I did it! Tomorrow I will wash, rinse, repeat!

Before I left for Disney I felt like my food and mind were back on track, so I'm attempting to pick up where I left off there. With the assistance of that stomach junk my final morning in Disney, I was able to return home with no damage done to the scale. Unfortunately, I enjoyed my weekend a little too much, so... yeah. But we are back at it! Today... food is on point: CHECK, and I'm getting my water: CHECK CHECK! Baby steps, baby!

This week is all about water, intuitive eating, and getting my runs in. I have 20 weeks to go and the attention span of a gnat, so this is going to take a little extra focus for sure!

Comments

Popular Posts