Monday, We Meet Again!

Monday has struck, and she has a hard left hook!


It's been a rough day! Utterly Monday is the only way I can explain it. Nothing horrible, just a fun, full day on the struggle bus. Thankfully, it's half over and I plan to just work on some of my "I'll work on that later" pile of stuff this afternoon. I should be safe!

It's been a week since my horrific, post-holday weigh in, so I thought I would do a check in.

My official weigh in was Friday and I was down 8 1/2 pounds. That was FOUR DAYS between weigh ins. Yeah, my body was in freak out mode that first weigh in. It has now been a week of inner reflection. I know that sounds very odd coming from me... I feel a little odd saying it. It's true though. The past six months have been a downward spiral of self-destruction. There's no other way to say it. Well, there is another way to say it...

January 13, 2018



July 8, 2018



I did that much damage in SIX MONTHS! Okay, so a lot of it was bloat, but even still... these were the week before.


So, what is the point of my rant and my obsession with the past? It's that I refuse to look back and see failure screaming back at me. All of the negative thoughts and self loathing because I chose the wrong coping methods the last half of the year has to stop.

I'm not saying I'm going to be perfect moving forward, because we all know that would be a lie. I am just going to continue to work on the mindfulness that I was working on last week (and the water intake). This week I'm going to add another piece to the puzzle... well, two pieces really: I'm going to work on getting enough sleep every night this week, well, tonight through Thursday night. (The weekends will come next, but not this weekend!) I'm also going to work on positive self-talk. 

That brings me to the point of today's post! Motivation Monday!!! 

I signed up to receive a motivational text/reflection each morning. Today's was, "We tend to pile on more than we can handle. What's ONE thing you can do this week that would make a difference in your life?" My answer today... self-love. I really need to keep working (harder) on accepting my body and loving my body, loving the flaws and the beauty. If I can achieve that, even a degree of it, it will make a huge difference in my life. 

The challenge is to love myself in the good and the bad. Hence the photo walk through the past. I love what my body could do six months ago and I know I can get there again with patience and hard work, but I need to focus on NOW and use THEN as motivation to achieve new goals. I'm not going to achieve the same goals because things are different now, but I can achieve so much more! I also love that my body can still run a half marathon, with a little pain, swim, bike, play with my kids, and walk seven and a half miles in a day filled with fun!

Today I posted these pics in Instagram. These are my Monday Motivation... to be strong, healthy, happy, achieve goals I set for myself, feel confident... but most of all, to Love My WHOLE Self!



Comments

Popular Posts