Powerlifting and Plateaus


I have a couple of finally's today! Let's get started...

FINALLY...


Okay, that one is probably the biggest one. TGIF! We made it through another week. WOOHOO! I would definitely consider it a successful week too.

FINALLY... I got back on track this week. Hence the successful week.

FINALLY... I completed a full week of powerlifting for the first time since my first week in my first challenge back in June!

FINALLY... FINALLY... I crushed a 7-week plateau!!





I can't tell you how excited I was to see that new number on the scale this morning! I've been playing with the same 2-3 pounds for almost two months. Sure, I'd get it down, but then it would go back up. I admit, we had a lot going on and my food and exercise wasn't always on point, so I earned all of what I got. It's just nice to know that getting back into it is giving me results.

This week I really started to find my stride in the gym. I still feel like a total newbie who's fumbling around at times. It's been almost 20 years since I spent solid time in the free weight area of any gym! Today I'm so incredibly sore from head to toe, but it is so worth it! I even talked a co-worker of mine into joining me mid-week! She probably wants to kill me today, since neither of us can hardly walk, but we had fun.

I'm in a new challenge that started November 1st that works in powerlifting. Since I haven't had enough time in my evening schedule to get to karate or muay thai the past few weeks, I knew I had to make time for SOMETHING. Thankfully, I have access to two gyms - one during the week when I'm at work and one on the weekends. I might as well make use of those opportunities, right? Here's what this week has looked like for me:

Sunday: Yoga
Monday: Break
Tuesday: Upper Body/Abs
Wednesday: Lower Body
Thursday: Upper Body/Abs
Friday: Break

My plan for the weekend:

Saturday: Yoga
Sunday: Lower Body

Monday my workout buddy and I are signed up for a fitness meeting with someone at the wellness center at work, so we will get a better introduction to what's available to us at the wellness center. We also have the opportunity to have her complete a body composition and fitness assessment. Scary, but exciting! My hope is that I can do the body comp and fitness assessment now and then go back in about six months and do it again to see my progress. We will see!

All-in-all, I'm just trying to find a way to roll with the tide. With all of the schedule changes, finding a 2nd option for my workout plan has definitely proven to be vital to my progress. I just have to look at the proof: No workouts = No weight loss, but 5 days of workouts over the past 7 days results and the scale finally dropped... Yeah, I'm a believer!!

Comments

Popular Posts