Opening Weekend of Hunting Has Arrived!!



The men will head out hunting, so the girls (plus one little boy) will play! BRING IT ON!! This is one of my favorite weekends of the year. This year it will be done a bit differently, but it's still a weekend planned with lots of fun in mind. The best part is... the kids don't have a clue what we're doing! It's a weekend of 100% surprises! So fun.

This weekend is also the kick off weekend to the holiday season for us. We will put up our Christmas decorations, I'll start seriously shopping for gifts (actually, I'm usually almost done by now, so I'm having a bit of anxiety). We will make Christmas wreaths from princess pine picked fresh from the woods out by my parents' house. The tv will be blasting holiday music and we will be grooving right into the spirit of it all.

Of course, that also means that we will be on the go, eating out, and crunched even more for time over the next month or so. Don't you worry though... I have formulated a plan! My work days are pretty much set. I've been sticking to a pretty decent schedule, bringing my food with me to work and making time, most days, for hitting the weight room - this week was a bit more of a struggle with me being sick and kid appts breaking into my day and taking my lunch hour out of the equation, but you get my point.

So, what is my plan? My plan is to plan! Good plan, right? Seriously though, if I don't plan, I fall apart. Take the weekend for example. We have planned some fun, left some wiggle room and made sure we have back up plans, should the weather not cooperate. I also plan to go to karate tomorrow morning and do my home weight workout on Sunday. We have meals and snacks somewhat planned, but finalized tonight. It's the weekend, but it's not a free pass!

Next week I have a ladies' night out with two of my bestest friends, karate for everyone at some point, Thanksgiving, hockey practice for Abbycakes and at least two work days in there. I'll be shopping Sunday evening for the week, because who in their right mind wants to grocery shop the week of Thanksgiving?? I have a workout plan, with two booked with my co-worker to meet in the weight room over lunch. I've got this! I refuse to let this holiday season drag me down!!






Let's face it, it doesn't stop at Christmas either. After Christmas there's New Years, then there's Valentine's Day, then there's Superbowl Sunday (for football fans), then there's Easter... and then we FINALLY get a break before summer kicks into high gear. Honestly, there's always a reason to drink and be merry. I could come up with an excuse to binge every weekend if I wanted to. Here's some of my favorites:


  • I worked hard this week.
  • I totally earned this!
  • It's Friday!
  • I haven't been out in forever.
  • So-and-so are in town.
  • Winter Solstice Party!!!
  • I just got my hair done, we need to go out to eat and have a few drinks.
  • It's my friend's birthday.
  • It's my other friend's birthday.
  • It's my dog's birthday!
You get where I'm going. If I want to make an excuse, I certainly don't struggle for ideas. Thing is, I don't want to excuse myself. I want to hold myself accountable this season. I'm on a mission! I'm enjoying my workouts, I'm excited to make progress and see progress. I'm anxious to get things moving again. I'm in the zone!! The thing about the zone is that you need to take advantage of it while you're in it because once it's gone, it's a bit of a beast to find again.

So, I'm going to enjoy my weekend. I'm not going to be obsessive about my food, but I'm not going to be irresponsible either. I truly don't like how miserable I feel when I eat horribly anyway. I'm back to the point where rich, greasy foods tend to make me feel really sick. Why do that to myself? I might even try a couple new recipes to see if I can find some holiday goodies that I can enjoy that aren't so sinful.

With that... let the weekend begin! The kids are wound up, Nana's in town, craft supplies are starting to find their way to my kitchen table, debates are being had about what project to start with, and my house will soon look like a war zone. Bring on the Christmas music!

Comments

Popular Posts