Burning Off That Weekend Fun!

One of my bestest friends came up for a visit last weekend. It was a long weekend of fun, laughs, food, drinks, and much needed girl time. It's been a year and a half since we've seen each other. We were due!! We got tattoos, manicures, pedicures, ice cream, drinks... it was a perfect, relaxing weekend.



I loved every minute of her visit!! Unfortunately, my body did not! My stomach was so angry. It is so crazy how instant the effects of some foods have on my guts. Not only that, I had headaches too. My body definitely has it's preferences, that's for sure.

So, as hard as it was to say goodbye and return to work on Monday, I think my body was slightly thankful to end see the end of my betrayal. That also made it extremely easy to jump right back on track though. I was looking forward feeling better. I can honestly see it rolling right into this weekend. I have no interest in dealing with gut aches all weekend, just because I don't want to pay attention to what goes into my mouth.

I'm not saying something here and there is bad. I think I'm just realizing that no matter what, I'll always pay the price for eating high fat foods or drinking beer. That won't stop me from enjoying it in the moment from time to time. What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment!

So, this week I got back into my groove. Food is back in check, although I'm struggling a bit this week to get my macros back in line. My protein has been a bit lower than it should be and a couple of evenings I've had to force an extra small meal in because I'm much too low in the calorie department. I only worry about that because of how much I'm burning.

Tuesday I burned over 1200 calories, so I can't end the day with 1100 calories eaten just because I don't feel hungry. No worries, other days I'm ravenous and can't stop at 2400 calories, so I'm definitely not one of those people who NEEDS to eat more all the time. It's just hard to find a balance some days.

Weight lifting is going well. I haven't gotten in all of the lifting days that I'd like. Work has been insane and I've been depending on getting my gym time in over lunch. This week that has been completely out of the question. I'm still finding my groove, but I am lifting far more than I was before the challenge!

So, a quick update on my training...

Running is going pretty well. I've managed to recruit running buddies! Abbycakes and Piper joined me for a short run (rescued in the final mile by Papa and Sissy in the UTV *giggles*). Jake, our chocolate lab has joined me for a few short runs now. He also accompanies The Hubby. Unfortunately, he's on injured reserve for a bit due to a tick borne disease, anaplasmosis. So, we're waiting for him to get the all clear before taking him for another run.


Sometimes I just feel the need to run by myself. I have always loved using running as an outlet! Last night I even tried some speed training and ran fartleks - 30 second sprints, followed by 30 seconds of walking. Hopefully these little speed training runs pay off in the long run! This weekend I'll run 4.5 miles for my long run, so I'm still in the lower miles. I'm okay with that. I like working my way up.

As I said above, I'm enjoying my weight lifting sessions too! This pic was after my first one in the gym where I work. It was slightly intimidating walking into a college weight room with buff, thin kids and getting your sweat on. But I did it!!


I'm also back to karate and muay thai. The baseball/softball season officially ended last night, so we're finally done running all over the place for practices and games for a while. The rest of the summer should be pretty chill with our evenings filled up with martial arts. We wouldn't have it any other way!!

I'm living it up while I can. My side pain has been active, but not overwhelming. I'm hoping to get through the half marathon without it taking over. We will see. My collarbone pain has backed off for the time being. Fingers crossed it stays gone for a long time! So, I'll hit it hard while my body lets me. Who knows when the next big flare up will be, but I know I'm not going to sit around waiting for it! I'm having too much fun!

Comments

Popular Posts