The Holiday's a Comin'


The holiday train is quickly pulling into the station! I can't believe tomorrow is July. This summer is going much too fast. I still have so much I want to do before school is back in session in September. UGH!

Ahhh, well, maybe if I pretend it isn't happening, it'll never end! Nice try, right?

What an exciting week I've had! I don't bore you all with the details, but I will say that I'm frustrated that my training schedule got so off course this week. A couple medical issues resulted in me being down and out for the past two days. Thankfully I'm on the mend today and planning to stay that way! It was nothing serious, docs think I had a pretty intense 2-day migraine induced by my blood donation on Tuesday afternoon. I'm just happy to be upright and relatively pain free today. Tomorrow I plan to hit the pavement for a 3-mile run, so I can get back on track.

Although, with the fun of my week I managed to keep my weight below that 25 pound mark, so I get my 25 pound reward! WOOHOO!! I can't wait to schedule my appointment for a facial. I haven't had one since last January.

Now I need to focus on behaving myself this weekend. It's so hard to give in to temptation and enjoy all the naughty foods and drinks at the cabin, but my next follow up with my weight loss doc is July 6th, so that's probably not the smartest idea. I do have plans to get out and run 2-3 of the four days I have off for the holiday. Hopefully that will give me a little extra boost in the willpower category.

For now I had better get my butt up and start packing my stuff. I'm such a procrastinator! It's just Emmy Lou, Abbycakes and I camping this weekend since The Hubby has to work half of the holiday weekend. We will miss the other half of our awesome foursome, but that's the down side of having a blended family. Some holidays we all get to be together and others we are missing someone. We just make sure to make the most of the holidays we do have.

So it is time for me to sign off. I hope you all have a fantastic, and safe, holiday weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts