Over Half Way There!!

I actually hit the half way mark last week, but I wasn't paying close attention. I had my sights on that 25 pound mark instead. Good news...


It has taken a little extra concentration and determination this week, since my weight loss has slowed down, but I did it! My workout schedule has probably helped a bit as well.

Monday - 2 hours of karate
Tuesday - Abbycakes and I put on 5 miles at the mall!
Wednesday - REST DAY (Emmy Lou had a softball doubleheader)
Thursday - 3 hours of martial arts (2 hours of karate & 1 hour of muay thai)
Friday - REST DAY

I'm looking forward to today's rest day too! The Hubby and I have a date night later tonight. Don't worry, I won't rest for long!

Saturday - Weights (upper body) and 2 mile run
Sunday - 2 mile run
Monday - REST DAY (I meet with my team for my Org Development class to work on our final project)
Tuesday - Weights (upper body) and 2 mile run
Wednesday - REST DAY (Emmy Lou has a softball doubleheader)
Thursday - Weights (upper body) and 2 mile run
Friday - Weights (full body)

I also changed my reward chart a bit. I wasn't able to get in for my mani/pedi for the 20 pound mark, so I moved it out a bit. I did buy myself a couple new shirts though, so that worked for a reward. I also may add a new workout outfit to the new reward. I need some new stuff that fits! Anyway, if I can keep this loss going and stay over the 25 pound mark, then I'll get to schedule a facial next week. I am so excited for that reward too.

Here's the updated reward chart:


I also have one month to lose the next five pounds because I already have my massage scheduled. Optimistic? Maybe! I have also had a heck of a time finding a time that works for both me and my favorite massage therapist. So, I had to go with what I could get. As long as I keep my food in check and follow my training schedule, it should be a breeze... right? Nothing like a little motivation!

I think I mentioned that I have a new breakfast recipe in a previous post, if not, I have a new recipe to share! *grins* I finally decided to give Overnight Oats a try. The THM book talks about them a lot and I kept seeing recipes for them in my Pinterest feed. I kicked off my first run with Overnight Oats with a very yummy Snickers Overnight Protein Oatmeal.

For those who aren't aware, I have pretty major texture issue when it comes to food. Oatmeal has never been high on my list of loves due to the texture of the instant oatmeals that I've tried in the past. I have to say that these overnight oats do not have the same texture. It's a very filling breakfast option.

I make a couple of tweaks to the recipe above when I make it. I use Dannon Oikos 000 Vanilla Greek Yogurt instead of plain and I use xylitol instead of stevia. I just can't acquire a taste for stevia. I don't like the aftertaste. I make this before bed and divide it into two containers, then I heat them up at work for breakfast. Not only does it taste amazing, but it smells phenomenal!

So, there you go! I have a few more overnight oatmeal recipes that I want to try in the coming weeks. This is an awesome energy packed breakfast, especially the morning of a solid workout.

Comments

Popular Posts