That Puts It Into Perspective!

First, I need to start with a little Snoopy Dance!


And then a solid...





Because I hit the 20 pound mark this morning!!!!! It feels like it's coming off at a snail's pace, but it's coming off. Let's face it, I like food and enjoy going out with friends for good food and good drinks. None of that is overly conducive to weight loss!

With that said, I saw a picture today that really put it all into perspective for me.


How's that for an eye opener?!? GAH!!! It helped me mentally today. I felt like my progress wasn't all that obvious and I've been here before. Then I saw this picture and realized that I need to stop. I need to be happy that my hard work is paying off. I document my food daily, we plan our meals, and I say no to treats A LOT! It is totally worth it though.

With that said, I should have a reward coming my way. We'll see. I still need to officially weigh in this week and then make it through an out of town trip this weekend and all of next week before I find out if I earned my reward. Remember, my rule is that I have to hit the number and maintain the loss for at least a week until the next weigh in before I can claim my reward. The 20 pound reward is a mani/pedi, which I'm actually in dire need of. So, it's a very motivating reward.

Other than that, I got out for a run last night while the girls were at lacrosse practice. It wasn't my best run. It wasn't my worst either, but it was a struggle. I was slower than I'd like to be, but I was also fighting pain the entire run. My side and my collarbone decided to join forces and hurt together. It felt like every strike of my foot was felt in my left collarbone. My side was flat out angry. So, I guess those two issues haven't been resolved yet. *sigh* I didn't give up though. I slowed my pace and finished with a smile. It was gorgeous out and I ran two and a half miles instead of just sitting on my butt. WOOHOO!!

Tonight was two hours of karate. Due to the girls' lacrosse schedule, it's hard for me to get to my regular classes, so when I can be at the dojo, I work on stuff on an open mat (far back room) while Emmy Lou is in class and then join the adult class when I can. Tonight I was able to do both. It was a good thing too since we decided to sign The Hubby, Emmy Lou and myself up for the karate tournament this weekend.

The girls' lacrosse tournament didn't pan out - no other 10u girls teams registered - so we are going to get out of town for one night and come back a day early instead of spending a whole weekend away. It all worked out for the best because we realized this was the last "home" tournament before Emmy Lou tests for her brown belt and she's required to have one tournament before she can test at that level.

So, the crazy, busy spring schedules continue! Emmy Lou even had her first softball practice of the season last weekend. It was more of a meet and greet, but we have her team assignment and we know what days her practices and games will be on, so we're off to the races there too.

Oh and Abbycakes decided to jump back in to karate, so she and Jack Jack will start in the beginners class this summer. They are officially too old for the Dragons classes now. *sniff sniff* They will both be seven in about a month! How did that happen?!? Anyway, Kenziebug will be working hard on karate this summer too. So, lots of time in the dojo and at the ball park with some camping thrown in for good measure. Yup, it's going to be a pretty darn good summer!

Comments

Popular Posts