Slow Down December... You're Going Too Fast!

I can't believe Christmas Eve is only 19 days away. I'm ready, but not ready! I've pretty much finished shopping for the kiddos. I started on The Hubby, but I've hit a standstill with him. Plus we have some other family members to still get for, Emmy Lou and Abbycakes each have adopt-a-family gifts to buy and I have a Secret Santa I still need to buy for. So... SLOW DOWN December! You're going much too fast!

To kick off our December, The Hubby and both big girls tested for the next belt yesterday. They all did great!! Our first test was almost exactly one year ago. So, me being the nostalgic mom that I am, I dug up the pictures of both big girls at their first belt test and compared them to the most recent pics from their test.



Little turkeys are growing up too fast!! Emmy Lou is now a green belt and Kenziebug is a blue belt (you can't really tell since the color is a bit off). The Hubby and I are also both blue belts now. All three kids will officially have class at the same time two nights a week! WOOHOO!!! We aren't done with tests just yet though... Emmy Lou has her first test for Kali4Kids (another form of martial arts) test two weeks from tomorrow!

It was while going through the old karate pics that I had a major slap across the face. I swear I almost phyiscally felt that moment of reality that you can feel shift your entire mindset. It's no secret that I've been struggling with my willpower, food choices and, well, overall choices when it comes to my body and health.

I haven't been solidly on plan pretty much since I started my new job. Yes, it was my choice. The additional temptations of all of the goodies and access to comfort foods that a college lends to your daily routine... plus the busy lifestyle of a mom juggling home, work, kids, husband, and all the things that come with all of the above. It was so much easier to say screw it and eat whatever I wanted to. I'd be lying if I said it didn't taste good too!

I've tried to buckle down a few times, but have quickly derailed and gone the easy route. I've made choices to grab and go instead of planning ahead, eat out far more than I should and indulge in sweets and goodies I hadn't even looked at in months. As I found myself feeling worse and worse about my physical appearance and sinking more and more in the frustration of the physical pain I've been battling I could see myself spiraling toward a place I swore I would never go again. The place of overall unhappiness that only I could put myself in and only I could take myself out of. I refuse to go there!!

Yes, I'm frustrated that I am dealing the daily pain and cannot work out or enjoy the activities that I love, yet again. I was here last March and I know it sucks... oh well! It doesn't mean I have curl into a ball and give up on everything. That's kind of what I've been doing.

Where a couple of weeks ago I was afraid to go see this new doctor, I'm not motivated to see him. I've had a horrible attitude for the past few months. It's gotten worse and worse over the last few weeks. I can feel my moods bouncing around like a pinball game. I know I'm not a treat to live with since I can barely stand to be around myself lately.

Thankfully I saw the picture!!


Needless to say that I don't look like that right now, but I will again! This is the first time in a long time that I've felt motivated not to just give up on it all and let whatever happens happen. I will get to the bottom of the collarbone pain and get back to karate and muay thai because they are two things that make me feel good about myself. I plan to get out for wintry family walks over the next few weeks and months. I want to run again in the spring. I want to feel good about myself again and not just exist. I want to go back to setting a good example for my kids.

It's going to be a challenge. We have four kids, three in one sport and one in another. We have two adults who both have their own activities. The Hubby has a crazy work schedule and I decided to go back to school in January. It won't be easy, but it must be done. I let myself forget and fall into bad habits. I now remember a lot of how I felt four and a half years ago... I don't want to go there again. Bad habits don't go away forever. We need to remain vigilant and work hard to keep from falling back on them. Oh how hard it is!! I like food. I like sweets. I like beer and wine and soda...

I like feeling happy and good about myself. I like feeling less exhausted and frustrated with myself. I will find a way to enjoy both... just keeping the food, sweets and drinks to more of a minimum!

Bring it on December!! I will enjoy myself again... I just won't gorge myself!

Part of my plan to be happy with me is that I'm actually having an online makeup party right now. It lasts until December 14th. There are lots of videos and fun tips. Friends can join and participate, but in the end I'm doing it because I wanted to find my girlie side for a bit and play with the pretties! I get into a total rut with my morning routine of hair and makeup... I had fun this past weekend and used some tips I've see while getting sucked into video cyber space for makeup application and a hair do (stacked ponytails to make it look longer and fuller). Forgive the very simple pics, but it felt good to play!




Happy Monday everyone!! Do something that makes you smile this week!

Comments

Popular Posts