{{{Creeping Back From Hiding}}}

Hi all! Sorry I've been missing again. It's hard to come here when I know that I've been doing exactly what I shouldn't. But, in the end they are my choices and I have to deal with the consequences. So, for now I'll just update on life and not focus on the fact that I've been eating everything in sight!

I left you all hanging in my last post almost a month ago. There is some serious excitement in our house these days. We successfully surprised the girls with an awesome scavenger hunt that led them straight to the big news that we are going to Disney World in 91 days!!







Each card had a clue to find the next card, which was attached to a prize. Each girl took turns - three for Abbycakes and three for Emmy Lou. The final clues took them to the garage and eventually the container that held all of the balloons and the big surprise. Abbycakes got excited right away, while Emmy Lou's first concern was about going to the beach (she's afraid of sharks). Once I told her we would also visit "Harry Potter World" while we were there, she shared the same enthusiasm as her little sister. Overall, it was a great success and we have two VERY excited little critters.

Once K & J came home, we sat them all down and discussed the whole situation. Both K & J knew that they were also going to Florida around the same time, so they understood why we were all taking separate trips. Even though they are separate, we've worked on making sure all of them get to share the excitement of a big, upcoming trip. All four sat down and worked on "countdown chains" for their trips to help them keep track of how long they have to wait!



That same weekend, Abbycakes also had her first hockey game ever at her home tournament. I had one nervous kid on Saturday morning of that weekend, but once we go through her first game, so couldn't wait to play in the second game! She slept great that weekend!! She also got her first "hockey hat" because Emmy Lou totally suckered me into it by saying she deserved it! I love that girl's big heart!



The two girls, my mom and I also went on our annual Girls Hunting Opener Getaway. We've gone on these getaways since I was a little girl and my kids love carrying on the tradition. Unfortunately, this year we didn't have Kenziebug and Jack Jack that weekend, so it was just the four of us this year.



Before I knew it, it was Thanksgiving. The girls were with their dad and The Hubby is court ordered to hand his kids over to their mom every Thanksgiving, so we spent dinner with my parents and my brother's family. Good food and good laughs helped us to not miss the kids so much!

We had them all back under our roof the next day and all of our holiday fun began! The kids and I decorated the inside of the house while The Hubby decorated the outside. The rest of the weekend included a trip to Bentleyville, our elves arrived and the kids and I broke out the paints for some fun Christmas crafts. I love this time of year!










The only bad new right now is that my collarbone pain just keeps getting worse. I've been battling it since before my shoulder surgery last April, but it's gotten much worse over the last six months. I've done physical therapy, tried OTC meds, everything the docs suggested. I haven't been able to go to karate or muay thai, but thankfully my sensei was willing to let me test early and I officially earned my blue belt the day before they gave me a steroid inject. OWWWW!!!



Not sure fun to have a big ol needle stuck in your sternum and then turned to the side to get into the tissue under your collarbone. Yeah... not fun at all!! I'm still waiting to feel the relief from the pain that they told me I'd get, so we'll see. I'm not overly hopeful, but the doc insisted I do it before we move forward with any other tests. UGH! Daily pain results in a mama with a very low patience level. My poor kiddos! I'm trying though!!

So, that's the past month in review! It was a great one and I know December will be pretty awesome too! I love watching the holidays through my kids' eyes!

Comments

Popular Posts