Good Habits = Good Results

This week proved that when I'm doing what I need to do, I'll get the results that I want. Imagine that! The end of October I put up a Facebook shout out to all of my friends and family that I was going to challenge myself to behave myself for 21 days starting November 1st. That would take me to Thanksgiving Day. Then, I'd start the clock over again and add a few days to make it through the Christmas season. Baby steps! Imagine my surprise when 20 friends and family members said they'd like to join me in my challenge.

November 1st our Facebook group was up and running and we all started to share our stories and goals. There are two challenges since I have some friends who are maintaining their current weight but focusing on fitness and a healthy lifestyle. So, I made a fitness challenge and a weightloss challenge. And we all had a fantastic first week!! It was awesome to have the support of others, the motivation to get back on track and the accountability of knowing I had to report back to people who would have no problems giving me a hard time and kicking my butt back into gear if I had disappointing news to report.

My first week was a fantastic success!! I worked on journalling my meals, watching my portions, getting my water in and just being very conscious of what I was eating - which mean choosing the chocolate or the apple. And let me tell you, that is one tough choice!!! I also focused on shedding my stress and frustration and focusing on good things. I'm such and emotional eater, that this little step was a must to stay on track. I can't say I didn't want to jump ship a few times... but I want to do this. I want to succeed! I've slacked off for 10 weeks, it was time to get back on track before I started doing damage to my progress.

With all of that said, I'm happy to report I FINALLY hit the 40 pound mark!!!!!! I am now less than 15 pounds from my first goal and less than 25 from my ultimate goal. I'm so excited!!! I'm going to work hard to shed 10 pounds in the next 8 weeks. I would love to say I lost 50 pounds this year. That would be an incredible personal accomplishment to me. I'm very proud of my progress so far, and whether I make the 50 by the one year mark or not, I have made great progress. It's just a goal I would really like to accomplish.

Also, this weekend will probably be my final race of the year. That will bring me to two 1-milers, seven 5K's, one 9-miler and a half marathon. Not a bad running season at all! Next year's races will include most of the races I did this year and add in a sprint triathalon and at least one mud run. :) I'm even starting to toy with the idea of a full marathon. I think I may have lost my marbles though!! We'll see how I feel about it in the spring.

Comments

Popular Posts