Two More Sleeps!!

Using my oldest daughter's priceless countdown method to any big day... just two more sleeps till we hit the road! As my friend and fellow runner pointed out... I don't think I've been this excited since the days leading up to our trip to Vegas last May! It's definitely been a year of big fun, major milestones and awesome accomplishments.

It's been a rollercoaster of a ride. Highs and lows to my training. Highs and lows to my life while prepping myself for this weekend. This weekend is a major event. Not just because I'm running the longest race I've ever run. Sure, that's great, but this is a huge personal, emotional and mental milestone for me. Life can feel pretty crappy at times, so if we don't set goals, grab on to opportunities, and just make the most of it... well, what's the point. I don't want to live an unhappy life for the next 50+ years. I've made so many personal changes this year and while sometimes things seemed overwhelmingly impossible I have come out on the other side even stronger and I refuse to not continue to do so.

Not sure if I'll write another post before race day, so just in case I want to send out a huge THANK YOU!! I wouldn't have ever considered the possibility of setting this goal if it hadn't been for my amazing friends and family beating it into my head that I can do it!



Oh, and I forgot to mention... I've hit the 9 month mark in my weight loss journey. I've resorted back to stress eating to compensate for some major life changes the past couple of weeks, so thankfully my running has been battling the scale single-handedly. LOL I have a lot of soul searching to do this month to hit some more goals. I'm proud of my progress, but frustrated with... well, a lot of things. But I refuse to go backwards and only I can take those steps to keep myself from making even bigger mistakes. Right now I'll focus on the fact that I officially lost 1/2 a pound in the last month which I do not deserve! Hopefully that is just close enough to gaining in a month to get my butt and brain in gear again. :) I'll have to take measurements this week... but my hopes aren't too high there either. You know what they say... If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. So so true!

Comments

Popular Posts