Progress is impossible without change...

Wow how true that title is! And if you resort back to old habits it's a proven fact that the progress you made will start to be lost. Sad, but true! If you stop working for what you want, then you'll go back to getting what you got. Hmmmm...

So, some fun facts...

Fun Fact #1: 11 days till race day! Unbelievable!!! I've been trying to speed up time so that it would get here faster and now that it's this close I'm starting to feel a little panicky. I've started packing my bag... I feel like I'm going on this big trip, but we'll actually only be driving an entire hour away. It's just the excitement and worry that has me - and my control freak nature - wanting to prepare for any possible scenario!

Fun Fact #2: Race day may be COLD! My OCD side has been stalking the forecast. Anyone who lives around here knows that predicting the weather up here is useless. That big ol body of water on the edge of town (both here and there) messes up even the best laid plans. A switch of the wind can take you from 50 degrees to 20 degrees in 15 minutes! Yesterday it said the start of the race could begin in the single digits. BRRRR!!! Now at least they've bumped it up to the low 30s. That I can handle! Again, with 11 days to go, I get to obsess and watch those numbers bounce all over the place. October in Northern Wisconsin... plan for cold and pray for no snow!

Fun Fact #3: Running = Weight loss! Since I started training for this race I've lost 15 pounds. It's creeped off over the past 16 weeks, but it's come off. Until I looked back I don't think I would have believed that I had lost that much. I certainly haven't deserved it as far as my eating habits go. I am the epitomy of runner's munchies. I want to eat all of the time after I run... and I never want an apple or banana!

Fun Fact #4: I AM built for long distance running! Contrary to what some may have believed earlier this year. I successfully ran the farthest I have ever run on Saturday. I was a headcase for part of it, but once I found my groove I was good to go. My rough spot is still between miles 7 & 9, but when I finished I looked at my running partner and said, "Holy heck! I still have energy!!" That's a good sign because we only went 11.2... that means I still have to find it in me to go another 1.9!

Fun Fact #5: Stress Sucks! Okay, so that one isn't very fun, but it does. I haven't been running as regularly as I'd like the last two weeks and I can feel it. My stress level has been ramped up to about max capacity and I haven't fallen back on my outlet like I have in the past. Unfortunately I HAVE turned to food, a horrible habit that I thought I had beat months ago. Amazing how those horrible habits can come flying back at you out of nowhere. Thing is, I know what I'm doing is wrong. I just haven't found the willpower to stop myself. Why?? I don't get it. My mindset isn't there? I feel defeated so why not? I don't know what it is, but I need to figure it out fast and get back on track or I'm just going to feel worse about myself and what will that do? It's am vicious cycle! Eat because you're upset, then get upset that you're self-sabatoging and eat some more because you're upset. Hmmmm.... Yeah, that makes perfect sense!!

So, there, I have confessed. I am physically off track, I'm mentally off track, and I have somewhat lost my way. If it wasn't for this race and the support I have leading up to it I would have fallen so hard off of the wagon that I'm not sure I'd recover. I've come too far to go back now! It's time to make progress again.

I'm working on a support system to help me and anyone else who has been in my situation. Facebook seems to be the communication tool of choice for just about everyone I know, so I'm creating a private group on there where women can go to get encouragement, ideas, share recipes, get tips, or whatever you need to help you find and make use of YOU TIME and creating a healthier lifestyle for yourself and maybe even your family. Stay tuned... anyone can join, but no one besides other group members can see what is talked about in the group. It's a safe haven, support system, and just a general (hopefully) upbeat place to come visit when you need a boost! Be sure to check back for the link and stop by for a visit to see what's up.

Comments

Popular Posts