This is me... Screaming from the rooftops!!!!

199.6 BABY!!! I can't believe it!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! I am officially in ONEderland for the first time since 2002!!!! TEN FREAKING YEARS!!!! I've been close a couple of times since then, but never broken that barrier.

And now the stupid story that goes with it... because what is anything exciting that happens in my life if it doesn't have a stupid story to go with it?

So, I have noticed that my scale has been self-resetting the date. For a while now it has shown the date as August 2010. Whatever! The date wasn't important to me. It should have been a clue for me to do some maintenance though! LOL I was getting discouraged that I was behaving myself, but still not losing those last few ounces to drop below that ungodly number. So, the past week I've pulled out a backup scale to make myself feel better. (I told you all I was a major head case) Anyway... last week it showed me at 199.6, but I knew it weighed slighly lighter than mine. But this morning, after seeing 200.6 AGAIN, I decided to pull out the old scale again. It showed me down 2 more pounds since last week. Wait... WHAT!?!? I know it weighs lighter than mine, but showing I'm losing when mine's not budging?? Hmmm... my stubborn side kicked in quickly and I did some investigative work. Actually, I just dug out the battery bin and grabbed four new batteries. Low and behold, my theory was right... I HAD lost and my scale was just DYING! WOOHOO for dying scales!!! LOL

I spent the morning in shock and denial. Seriously! I have waited so long to see that number again that I truly did not believe it. It's slowly sinking in and my motivation has been renewed. I am over half way to my goal! I have officially started training for the half marathon in October. And I am HAPPY!!!!! I am vowing now that I will NEVER see that number again. I will take care of myself and remind myself that I deserve to be healthy and happy. That means I need to take time for myself and do what it takes to keep myself healthy - mind and body!

Thanks to all of you who have supported me on this journey so far. I wouldn't have made it this far without very supportive and motivating friends and family!

Comments

Popular Posts