A week of NSV's!

For those unfamiliar with the term, an NSV is a Non-Scale Victory. Equally if not even more important than a scale victory. :)

What a week! I promised myself I would use this blog as my "get healthy" journal which includes a few extra things outside of weight loss. But for me, anything emotional usually effects my weight - and often in a negative way. This week would have been one of those weeks where the stress, frustration, and just overall funk moments would have sent me scouring the cupboard for nummies (as my little one puts it). Instead, without really even thinking about it, I held my ground and lost another two pounds this week!! WOOHOO!! So, there you see... my non-scale victory was beating the stress eating monster who lives inside me (btw... he's been sent an eviction notice, so stay tuned on that one! LOL) which lead to a fantastic scale victory.

Even better than that... my work slacks are falling off of me and I bought larges in tops when I went shopping this week! And they fit. None of this "I just have a couple more pounds before I can wear these" crap. LOL Oh how many times I've played that game only to have something go to Goodwill with tags on it. UGH!

So, it was a good week. I'm so very thankful to my friends during this time too. I may be able to control my weight loss battle, but that's only part of the getting healthy goal I have. If I didn't have such amazing friends, I'm pretty sure my mine wouldn't be anywhere near the healthy zone. My friends and my family are the best gift I could have right now. Talk about tools for success... their support, comfort, words of wisdom, and shoulders to cry on help keep me strong. So, thanks guys! I know many of you are reading.

Alright... enough for now. This week's goal is to run 3x, do yoga at least one night and find a new recipe to try on Pinterest. :)

Comments

Popular Posts