One month down...

Well, it's February. I was watching tv and heard a commercial about how this is the time when most people's resolutions are starting to fall by the wayside. It's understandable. You're geared up to get going the first of the year, ready to make big things happen, and then life happens. Another part is setting goals that are too big or not broken down enough to give you the feeling of success along the way, so when we get a month or so in it's looking like it'll never happen. I've been there... too many times to count!

I looked back and last year I did awesome my first two months. So, I'm one month in and still going strong. My hurdle will be keeping the motivation going through March and on from there. At this point, I think that will be a simple task. I have lots of little goals and rewards along the way, but even more, I just have a different frame of mind. It's strange. I'm just kind of at peace with it all. I know I'll get there. It's not a race. Sure, I'd love to see all of this weight gone yesterday, but that's unrealistic.

I'm not obsessing over meals or foods I can't have. We plan our meals out on Sundays and beyond shopping and remembering what to take out of the freezer, I don't give it much of a second thought. I don't find myself scrounging the cupboards or standing with the refrigerator door wide open with a blank look on my face. I just go about my day. I'm not fighting my steering wheel from turning into the McDonald's drive thru or DQ. I'm not saying I don't do those things at all... I just don't very often and I don't really think about it. That is an absolute FIRST!!!

I'll admit, I'm a huge headcase when it comes to weight loss. Usually I weigh every day and if it's up I go into a spiral. Or maybe I'll be okay with it being up one day, but the second day pushes me directly to the snack cupboard and I binge. I've had gains this past month... I just shrug and walk away thinking about what I need to do better. WOW! Where did that mindset come from? Honestly, I think it's just the whole change of everything in my life. I'm in control of my life now. I control what I eat or don't eat, if I exercise or not, if I let the little things get to me or not... and I have goals for myself that really have no wiggle room. In the past month I've done a lot of reflecting back on my life (apparently separation/divorce will do that to you) and realized that I can't blame anyone but myself for how I look. I wasn't always unhappy, but when I was I at my way into a stupor to try to dull that pain. I used my kids, my business, my injuries, whatever for my weight. There's no excuse. Life is too short. I'm reminded of that even more this week than usual. I'm 32 years old with two little girls who look to me for a guideline on how to live their lives. I have no excuses. I have a job to do and I've been slacking off horribly.

With all that said, I know there will be stumbles along the way. I'm reprogramming my oldest to not ask to eat out all the time and eat more veggies. While adjusting the little one's requests slightly (she hasn't been around as long, so there's less damage done so far LOL). And I am working hard to get my older one to understand WHY she wants to eat since I noticed that she's following in my footsteps... comfort foods, boredom foods... it's a vicious cycle and we need to correct it while we can. I'll have my moments of gaining, or slipping back into old habits of using excuses. But in the end... I know I can do this. I have the tools, I have the knowledge and I have my health. When I fail I not only fail myself, so I need to dust myself off and keep going to set an example. I don't want my girls to fight this battle. I just don't.

Anyway... so, it's been a month. I'm beyond pumped about my success. I know that this is a one-time thing. Month one is always huge and then it all evens out from there, but it's still a huge success. I've been using Plexus Slim for one month and I've lost 15 pounds and 18 inches!!!! INSANE!!! I'll admit... I did a little dance. :) My Abby joined right in, giggling away. And that made me feel even better. I'm officially under my pre-pregnancy weights for the first time in over 4 years! Actually, I'm at a weight I haven't seen in probably 6 or more years. INSANE!

I found out after my first that losing weight was harder than it had been before I had a baby. Imagine that! LOL But after my second baby... OMG!! I found it near impossible. I honestly tried Plexus as a "why the hell not" kind of thing because I kept losing and then gaining everything back and then some when I'd binge on whatever I wasn't allowing myself to have. I'm so happy I tried it. I have heard more and more success stories as I've been part of the company and realized that it really does work. Not just for me, or my upline, or this customer and that. It actually works for nearly EVERYONE as long as they are willing to put in the effort. And effort is definitely what I will put in.

Oh yeah, one more thing... I actually started running again too. And I ENJOYED IT!!! That's a first. LOL Today will be my 3rd run this week and my body is holding up quite well. Not much pain in my back or knees. My goal is to be ready for the Polar Bear Run on March 31st as a fundraiser for one of the grade schools. And eventually I plan to run at least one mud run this year... maybe two. But one for sure... Dirty Girl Run - a 5K mud run for women only and it's a breast cancer fund raiser. I like everything about it! Get dirty and raise money for breast cancer. YAHOO!!! :) Stay tuned for progress reports. :)

Comments

Popular Posts