Officially back on track!

I was not friends with my scale this morning. Actually, it was laughing at me and calling me names... I'm sure of it! I didn't get back up on that big ol wagon as quickly as I would have liked, but I'm up there none-the-less. I may still be a bit too close to the edge, but I'm on. They should have childproof safety locks on this dang buggy... I'd have a much harder time falling off. :)

My weekend away with my mom and girls visiting my sister was awesome! Not great food-wise, but they were all my decisions and I admit they sucked. This morning I woke with renewed faith in myself. I CAN DO THIS!!! I may not be able to make my 30 pound goal by June, but I WILL hit my 10% mark!!! Baby steps!!

So, the day began with my usual breakfast-on-the-go... a Fiber One Bar. :) It's actually quite filling and for someone who gets a sick stomach at the thought of eating a big ol breakfast (healthy or not) less than 3 hours after I get out of bed, it's perfect! Unfortunately, my office was not on the same "back at it" page as I was and handed me an order for Chinese food as soon as I sat down at my desk. Oooookay! I can do this! I didn't order the healthiest thing on the menu, but I also didn't eat my weight in general tso chicken. BONUS!! And I'm not a huge rice fan, so a few bites of that satisfied the needs there. But, to balance out my points for the day, I have planned an egg white omelete dinner tonight. Simple, satisfying and low in points.

See?? I've got this back-on-track thing down pat!

And since I'm such a clutz, I'm also on injured reserved for the rest of the week. UGH!! I was all set to go home and hit the treadmill last night. As I was helping my mom unload her stuff from my car I stepped down the deck stairs and on the last one rolled my ankle. O-M-G!!! I can't remember being in that much pain since I gave birth to my youngest - I swear it! All is well though. No break, just soft tissue damage. So, hopefully it heals fast and I can get some runs in before our first race a week from Saturday.

EEEEEKK!!! I can't believe I'm going to haul my fat hiney through one of the biggest races in our area in just 13 days. I'm sooo not ready. I'm definitely in no condition to beat my last time, that much is for sure. But if I finish it, that's all that matters. I'll improve the time next year.

Well, I'll stop babbling now! I've got a big couple of weeks ahead and I have to make up for lost time (and gained weight). Just a heads up for tomorrow... I'm planning a dinner from two recipes I found in the WW recipe vault: Filet Mignon with Bearnaise Sauce and mashed "potatoes" with chives. Sounds yummy doesn't it? I may have to use Filet Venison instead, but that's okay. And the pototes are made out of cauliflower and Yukon Gold potatoes. We're going to see if I can pull a fast one over on my hubby and kiddos. Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular Posts