Day 7 of 84 - One Week Down, Eleven to Go!

WOOHOO!!! Week one is done! Not a horrible week at all. Maybe not in the honeymoon phase anymore, but definitely still motivated to stay on track. I didn't veer too far off course this weekend and that's saying something. My mom had so much food prepped for our family Christmas!! What I had was delicious, I just avoided the things I knew I would not be able to stop eating, like chips and cookies. So, no damage done and, in fact, I actually lost another pound over the weekend!

I sat down with my 4 and 7 year old daughters last night and had them help me make the meal plan for the week. I was very impressed with the ideas my 7 year old came up with. Here's what we ended up with for our dinner menu this week...

Monday - Crockpot Beer Chicken (no kids tonight LOL)
Tuesday - Leftover (Mom is home alone!)
Wednesday - Baked chicken tender & Skinny Cauliflower Bites (all her idea off of Pinterest)
Thursday - Baked Blueberry Oatmeal (another one she picked off of the healthy board on Pinterest)
Friday - Garlic Shrimp (Just me and the hubby)

I'm very proud that she is so willing to try new things. The 4 year old may not agree as much, but will at least try things and we know she will eat the chicken. The oatmeal... I made her a deal and told her that as long as she gave it a solid effort, I would then let her choose another item for her main dish for that dinner if she didn't like it. We'll see how that goes. It's a toss up with that kid. She's Jekkyl and Hyde!

I'm also anxious for my three salad-in-a-jars to be delivered tonight. My awesome partner joined a group of ladies who was making these and made me a few too since I couldn't be there. Super excited to give them a try!

As for today... here's what's in the lunch bag...

Breakfast - Protein Smoothie

Snack - Kind Bar

Lunch - Bacon Egg Cups & Greek Yogurt

Snack - Almonds, carrots & peas

Dinner - Crockpot Beer Chicken and mashed potatoes

Dessert - Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Bar (an ice cream bar for only 100 calories!!!!)

And I will say that today is not a hungry day. Actually, all weekend wasn't, so I'm hoping I'm over the biggest hurdle as far as feeling starved due to the massive adjustment. I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts