Day 2 of 84 - The Honeymoon Continues!

I would say that day one was a success. I did not end up eating everything in my lunch bag. I AM giving myself a big pat on the back for remembering to empty my lunch bag when I finally had some downtime last night and I packed lunches. So much easier! I am not a morning person, so I have a bad habit of skipping breakfast, not packing a lunch and letting whatever happens happen. Usually McDonalds or Chinese would happen, 

I will admit that I didn't eat enough yesterday... and I was hangry last night. Some of you may be applauding me and asking why I am saying I ate too little. Day one and I stayed well under calories... CONGRATULATIONS. Well, if I start out at 1100 calories and lose weight, where do I go when I hit a plateau? I can't lower my calories more. There are other reasons too and I'm sure you've heard most of them. In the end, I'm a big girl... I like food... and I like to eat. I might as well take advantage of the calories I'm allowed and enjoy myself instead of torturing myself. I just also have to remember that extra calories doesn't mean "grab a Snickers, it will satisfy!"

Day two is going pretty well. Plan is in place! I packed a lunch, pre-measured for portion control, ate breakfast (I hate eating breakfast. I'm never hungry in the morning) and have a workout agenda for today. Today includes Week 1 Day 2 of the Couch To 5K (C25K) training app I have on my phone and then I have my swim 2nd swim lesson. And finally a date with my awesome hair stylist for a much needed hair cut. I'll post a before and after tomorrow.

In case anyone is curious about today's menu, here ya go!

Breakfast (7:30am): Body by Vi shake (2 scoops of protein power, 1 cup 1% milk - because I forgot to buy some Almond Milk GRRRR - and a serving of chocolate chips. If I had had coffee in the house I would have added it to make a mocha chip frappe-type drink but this had to do. (270 calories)

Snack (10am): Kind Bar - Dark Chocolate & Cherries (200 calories)

Lunch (12:30pm): Chicken & Ranch Salad. Similar to yesterday, without the wrap. Plus baby carrots & sugar snap peas (260 calories)

Snack (3pm): Greek yogurt or apple w/string cheese (120-150 calories)

Dinner (8pm): Brown Sugar & Garlic Chicken Breasts with garlic brown rice & a salad with vinegarette (400 calories)

MUCH better on my calorie intake! And I will burn about 1,000 at the gym. HAPPY DANCE!!! So, with that, I'll leave you with one of my favorite motivational quotes. 



Comments

Popular Posts