Bariatric Surgery Journey - Nutritionist Appt #4

 

I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous going into today's appointment. I knew I had gained weight over the past month. Between four days visiting one of my best friends in Fort Worth, Texas, then coming home and having the following week be Thanksgiving, plus two kids down with Influenza A and sanitizing as much as I could to keep everyone else from getting it... Add in a horrific pain and migraine flare that has been holding on strong for over three weeks now, and my focus was far from myself, my food, and my weightloss. If anything, I managed to emotionally eat a few times this month, which I've really been working on.

Final scale results were that I gained four pounds, which is slightly more than I had lost. *sigh* But let's be honest, I was not exactly focused on healthy eating in Texas, and with everything else, it could have been so much higher. That's not the point though. I truly want to focus more now and get through the holidays without anymore gains.

She did tell me that she does not see anything on her end that would result in her not passing me on to my surgeon after my six nutrition appointments, so that's good news. And she also assured me that my time with her now is counting toward the required treatment time that my insurance requires before getting surgery.

So, what's the plan from here?

  • Get through Christmas without going overboard. 
  • Work on my goals - up my water intake, continue to back off my Diet Coke addiction, and no drinking water with my meals.
  • Next month I will have my fifth appointment with my nutritionist an
  • Psych evaluation in mid-January
  • February should be my sixth nutritionist appointment
  • Then my surgeon and team will approve me and submit my information to my insurance for coverage. 
  • Get my surgery date!!!
  • Do pre-op physical with my general doc
  • 1-2 week liquids only diet leading up to the actual surgery date. 
  • Surgery in March or April

Consider how fast the past four months have gone, I see the next two flying by as well. I recently told someone that I'm pretty happy on the timing of all of this. Having to deal with all of the waiting over the holidays has made it a lot easier because I have something else to focus on!

My first priority and goal is to walk into my appointment in January a total LOSER! I want to be down at least 5 pounds. Stay tuned and have a very Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts