November Half Time



How is it even possible that we are already half way through November? Wasn't it just Halloween last week? Of course, since I live "Up North" Mother Nature is absolutely insisting that it is not only mid-November, but that winter is here to stay. BRRRR!! I know, I choose to live where it gets so cold that it hurts to breathe. Every time I ask myself WHY, so there is that.

Anyway, enough about the weather! Here we are at the half way point of November, so it's time to check in with all of my goals. As signed in to update today, I realized that I never posted my first November blog post, so how about I catch everyone up? As of the beginning of November, I set some goals. Here's how they looked:


For those of you who follow me on Instagram (@the_mama_blog) you've seen my thankfulness posts. I love that that goal makes me take a moment each day to really focus on the things that made/make me happy. It's a good reminder that I need to do it more often!

The mindful eating has been going pretty well. I'm on a new daily injected medication that is really messing with my stomach and creating more nausea than usual, so there have been days where I've had to almost force feed myself, but I'm still trying to be mindful of what, when, or where I eat. The Hubby and I were traveling for five days last week, but surprisingly it went pretty well. There were obviously some indulgences, since it was our vacation together, but due to some food restrictions related to medical testing while I was at Mayo the first half of the trip, we stayed mostly on track.

The exercise thing has been a struggle. With travel and how I feel, I just haven't had any motivation or energy to get it done. I'm working on truly focusing on making myself do it, because I know that once I get started it will go much better, and I will enjoy it. Plus, I always feel so much better after a workout!

Finally, my last goal is to try something new. The easy way out of this is that we tried a new restaurant this week while I was out of town for a work conference. We ate at CRAVE at the Mall of America and it was beyond delicious! Since I don't want to count that as my something new, since it's sort of an easy cop out, I am still on the hunt. Honestly, I'd like to find an exercise class of some sort to try, or something that could lead to doing it more often, and having it be good for me. Eating CRAVE more often would not be good for my body, or my wallet!

So, there you have it ladies and gentlemen! We are on the downward slope of November, barrelling straight toward December. I am still in denial that next week is Thanksgiving and that Christmas is less than six weeks away, but that is reality. We also have just over eight weeks until our January family trip, so the countdown is on! I'll be honest though, as much as I'm shocked at how fast time is going, I am beyond anxious for Christmas to get here, so we can finally share our big surprise with the kids (the trip). I suck at this whole "patience" thing!

Comments

Popular Posts