Well, that went fast!

Dang!! I feel like I was just saying HELLO to September and here we are, gearing up to say goodbye next week. The nice weather is dissipating far too quickly for my liking. The cold weather is knocking on our windows. Hockey season starts Monday! UGH! Summer really is gone for good. *sniff sniff* Utter denial!

Now that I've gotten all of my theatrics out of the way... I'm dead serious, this past month has flown by. Part of that could be because I spent a week of it down at Mayo. That always throws off my internal clock/calendar. My poor kids, it's a good thing they know they days now or we'd all be a mess! I told my oldest to go to her after school activity tonight and I'd get her afterward. She called me ten minutes before school started to tell me that it was Tuesday and her after school activity is Wednesdays. Yeah, I suck!


In good news, we're on to Week 3 out of 40 this week. I can't say the first two weeks were stellar (because they weren't), but I didn't do any extra damage. Actually, by the end of Week 2 I finally had a 2.2 pound loss. WOOT WOOT! Then I may have had a girls evening with friends, food and drinks.... Maybe... Yeah, it was so good though!

Yesterday it was back to reality! Portion control, carb control, water intake, oh my! Let the detox begin because the nagging headache I've had for two days says I'm there. UGH! Sluggish, exhausted, irritable, overall blah feeling, headaches... I'm sporting pretty much all of the sugar/caffeine detox symptoms once again. Once again I'm asking myself, "Why do you keep doing this?!? It sucks!" It'll be worth it once I come out on the other side. Usually it doesn't last much more than a week, so here's hoping!

To combat the overall icky feeling, and still enjoy what I'm assuming will be our last 70 degree day for about 8-9 months, I talked my girls into going for a bike ride with me. An hour later we arrived back home safely, and ahead of the nasty storm clouds that were chasing us. As you can see, I talked one kid into taking a picture for proof... my little nut! She's nothing like me at all!! (The other one had already made a beeline for the house.)


Tonight I'll start the BeachBody 21-Day Fix workout program. After stressing over what I can work into our crazy fall schedule for my own workout schedule, I finally admitted that I needed something flexible, with easy access. After talking with friends and getting a bit more info, The Hubby and I decided to sign up for BeachBody On Demand so he can have access to workouts at work and I can have access to workouts, well, wherever I can find a place and time to workout! I just know that I really need to do something to focus on me and my health/fitness. With one kid in hockey, one kid in tumbling, two other kids in karate (although they are taking a break this quarter), both The Hubby and I in school with homework, and working full-time, the reality is that my free time is pretty nonexistent, but I'm going to find some for myself before the schedule is so full that I can't.

So, 21 days of activity, portion control (I don't have the 21-Day Fix containers yet, so I'm working on portion control and good choices. A.K.A. Not eating two king sized candy bars and a cookie for dinner, washed down by a 40 oz Diet Coke. Yeah, I may have done that in the past couple of months.


So, Week 3 is going much better than Week 1 and 2 so far! Focusing on making conscious decisions, planning, and prepping this week. Baby steps!! Good new is, I still haven't given up!! I may have had some bad weeks, even months, but I'm coming back to keep trying. That counts for something, right? Look... I even got a workout in tonight!! CHEERS!!


Comments

Popular Posts