Progress, My Old Pal, I Missed You!!


Today was weigh-in and I'm so happy to report that I'm down almost 13 pounds since my post-holiday (4th of July) weigh in just under a month ago! WOOHOO!! Well, 12.8 pounds to be exact. It is absolutely mind boggling what a difference 10+ pounds makes. Sure, it was probably bloat and water weight, but the difference - not just in how I look, but how I feel, how my clothes fit, how I think, etc. - is astounding!

Let me explain...

In the past almost-month I have RE-detoxed from sugar (AGAIN), my water intake is up over 100oz per day (AGAIN), my Diet Coke intake is almost down to zero (I may have had a couple sips of The Hubby's this past weekend), my activity is increasing (slowly), my serving sizes are more accurate, my fruit and veggie intake has increased, my carb and alcohol intake have both drastically decreased, and I'm learning to say no (AGAIN) to things I don't need - even though I really want them.

The results:
  • After about three days my cravings diminished
  • I'm waking up far less exhausted than I was
  • My skin is clearer
  • My mind is clearer
  • My body is happier - less aches and pains
  • I was able to go back to muay thai for the first time in over six months
  • My clothes fit better
  • My hair and nails are growing super fast... yes, in just a month it's noticeable!
  • I crave water and fruit now
  • I get fuller faster
  • I don't feel deprived
  • I found it much easier to get back on track after a long weekend vacation
  • I have motivation for the first time in MUCH too long 
  • My headaches are fewer
  • I don't feel as stuffy (not sure why, but it's true - my nose)
  • I'm not as exhausted all the time - I actually still have energy after work!
  • I'm back down into the next "decade" on the scale!  
  • I'm HAPPIER - this is a good and bad thing. I am working on not letting my weight get to me as much, but it's a major work in progress. But, this is also related to being happy about being able to do things again
My body feels loved and I love how my body feels. I needed to find my way back into the groove. Yes, it's been a month. Yes, I've fallen off track before, but I'm on Day 11 of a 30 Day Challenge that I fully intend to complete. If it continues to go this well, I will be doing it again in September too! Here's to a happy, healthy, weekend of fun... or in my case, some fun and lots of homework. UGH!

Comments

Popular Posts