Hello April! Did You Bring Spring?

While for some a welcome to April looks like this...


Up here it looked a little more like this...


Yes, winter is still here. Actually, down at the cabin we got another foot of snow overnight Friday into Saturday. So, the Easter Bunny made sure to hide eggs inside, or they would have froze and we would have been finding several after the snow thawed. That powdery snow would have swallowed those eggs whole! As it was, Abbycakes learned about wet hands and the loss of jewelry when you try to shake them dry. Hopefully we find her ring unharmed once the snow melts.

Needless to say, I'm OVER IT! I don't mind winters up here, but I start to get a touch cranky when the cold and snow last well into April. At this point, the forecast is showing 20s and low 30s until at least mid-month. *sigh* At least we didn't get the foot of snow at home too. The storm missed us, but the cold weather, unfortunately, did not. Spring will eventually get here...

With the lack of spring-like weather outside I've been finding it hard to locate my motivation to run. I'm averaging about a run a week right now, which really can't be considered training. Ooops! My goal is a long run this weekend with, hopefully, 1-2 runs next week. With work. school, kids' schedules... I'm just taking them where I can get them at this point and hoping for the best! Just over 10 weeks until race day.

I mentioned last post about the 24-hour intermittent fasting. It's actually going much better than I anticipated. I'm uber hungry by the end of that 24-hour stretch, but this is the start of week two and I managed to successfully fast last Monday/Wednesday/Friday. I bowed out yesterday and opted to start back up today. Last week I lost 4 pounds, but most of that was likely water weight from our weekend away. I'm not holding my breath yet, but hopefully my body starts to balance out a bit more. I will say that my insane cravings and need to binge has backed way off. I had hit a point where I was thinking about food all the time and pre-planning stops for McDonald's fries on far too regular of a basis!

My bad attitude isn't cured, but it's slightly improving. I still find myself yelling at myself inside my head quite often as negative comments, thoughts, etc. enter my head about my progress, failures, current body shape, you name it. It's a struggle to correct it for sure! I'm not sure which is harder some days, avoiding negative self-thoughts, getting out for a workout, or staying away from the junk food. The struggle is very real lately. There's no magic wand to poof reality away. Hard work is about all that will cure it.


So, this week's goals are quite simple... 24-hour intermittent fasting every other day, chug the water EVERY DAY, stay away from the kids' Easter candy, run at least twice, practice self-forgiveness, and stay on top of my homework - less procrastination. Oh and meditate.

That's the newest addition to my "Ways to Help Me" list. I've listened to a few voice guided runs and enjoyed them. I decided to download the Headspace app and give it a try. I did it once this weekend, while sitting in the hot tub. There aren't many more relaxing ways to meditate than that! I found I enjoyed it. Now I just need to work on remembered to actually do it! This was another suggestion from my doc to help with overall stress relief. It's definitely worth a shot!

Here's to a new week! If you're struggling with something, I challenge you to find one thing to help make your day better, easier, brighter, whatever works for you. Download some new music, watch a movie alone, soak in the tub, meditate... Do whatever you need to do for you!

Comments

Popular Posts