Surviving February... BARELY!




I'm definitely ready for March to push February right out the door! The bitter cold weather can go right with it too. Look! Even my favorite cartoon cat agrees with me.







I knew I liked him for a reason! At least we are almost half way done with it already. Actually, we've been so busy that it's gone pretty fast. It's still be brutal. The main topics in the hallways on campus are: how cold it is outside, how cold it is inside, and how much that test sucked (the latter being mainly the students of course).

So, I figured I'd shake it up a little. It's been a solid month since I've made it to the gym on campus and almost as long since I've been to karate or muay thai. Plus, since we are in pure survival mode lately, it's been a total eat on the fly or eat what's convenient lifestyle for far too long. Now that the out of town hockey tournament is out of the way, we only have one major weekend event between now and Easter - The Hubby's birthday. I can handle that!

Hockey is winding down and will be done in less than two weeks. That will free up a lot more weekend time. Karate goes into a two week spring break after this week. I don't know what we will do with all of that free time! That's a lie, I do know... eat dinner at home, get some training runs in, and get everyone in bed at a decent hour on school nights. WOOHOO! Oh the things that make us happy as adults.

But really, it's been a bit of a struggle the past few weeks. Fitting in the demands of the new MBA program that I am in with our already existing, busy schedule has added a lot of extra stress and anxiety for me. I'm hoping that with hockey wrapping up, and only have one sport to get everyone to, will allow more wiggle room and help me get back into the gym and the dojo. On top of that, my girls' dad got a new job, with a new schedule. I now have the girls every night during the week, where previously he took them a couple of nights a week, which allowed me to go to the gym those days, I have now lost those open times. I'm hoping I find my groove before I lose my mind!!

That brings me to today's excitement. I got a campus-wide email about a 4 week healthy lifestyle challenge. Like the step challenge we did last fall, only this one is about healthy eating, healthy lifestyle choices (getting enough sleep, minimal tv time, etc.) and exercise. I immediately signed up and emailed my co-worker who was my buddy in the last challenge. We're in! Tomorrow we are both bringing our gym bags and have plans for lunch workouts and walks on breaks. I'm hoping it was exactly what I needed to get motivated again!

I definitely have a case of the blahs. It's my goal to find out the best weapon to beat them. I always struggle in February. I know once we get some warmer weather my perky side will return and I'll turn that corner. I just need to push myself a bit harder till then. No problem, right?!?

Comments

Popular Posts