Reward Time!!

I did it!! I passed the 30 pound mark last week. Then, after a super stressful, crazy, busy week and an even busier weekend on the road AND a trip with the girls and some friends to the amusement park... I still weighed in at that 30 pound mark. I'm up a little from last week, but I enjoyed some yummy fair food on Monday, so I'll take what I can get!

Since I maintained the 30 pound loss for two weigh ins, I officially get one of my rewards. WOOHOO!! Here's the original list I posted:


I did an exchange last time though. I opted for a much needed massage at the 25 pound mark, so this time I get to go shopping! YAHOO!! I actually really need to shop. I'm definitely fitting into different size clothes, but I've been making do with what I have. That's the joys of being a woman with four different sizes of clothes in her closet! Now to keep from going back to those old, bigger sizes!!

Since I have to take Abbycakes shopping for some final school supply items, I figure I'll stop and look for something for myself. We have picture day at work next week for our professional photos that are posted by our names with the college. I was not a fan of my picture last year, so I'm actually excited to update it! I might as well kill two birds with one stone and buy something for pictures. I also realized I bought the kids and The Hubby new outfits for family pics last month and then it rained and we had to cancel. I should probably get on that while the kids can still wear their clothes without freezing to death.

Anyway... I'm still around. I'm swamped, but I'm still here. Work is crazy and I don't see it letting up anytime soon. Thank goodness for muay thai and karate!! Right now they are the best outlets I could ask for... when I can make it to class! Late nights and traveling to our other campus has resulted in some missed classes. I'm also still on track with my half marathon training. This weekend will be the big deciding run. I have to run 7 or 8 miles (I missed last weekend, so we'll see if I can push it to 8) which will put me over the half way point. If it goes well, I'll register for the race. If it doesn't, I'll give it another week and see where we land. I want this!!! I can do this!!!

Speaking of muay thai and karate... testing is quickly approaching! I'm loving muay thai and will test for my first sash early next month. We will also have our first karate test where all six of us test for our next belt! The littles are testing for their yellow belts. Abbycakes is so excited to become a yellow belt. She will finally get to spar!

Abbycakes also started back to hockey this week!


I can't get over how much she's grown this past year. The pic on the left was her first time out on the ice at the "Intro to Girls Hockey Night" last season. She's wearing the same jersey in both pictures! You can also see that she learned she was left handed last year. HA HA! She was so excited to get back on the ice this year. Right now she's doing a twice a week hockey camp until the end of September. She does dry land training for an hour and then on ice practice for an hour. My baby is a big kid!! She was so wiped out after both sessions this week! She's loving it though.

So much more has been going on since the last time I posted. Emmy Lou turned 10! My first baby is double digits! How?!?!?


She's been celebrating the month away! We celebrated on her birthday at the cabin, later in the week for her birthday dinner, and this week with friends. Hey, it's a momentous occasion!

We've been camping as much as possible and playing hard when we have time. I can't believe summer is over next weekend! It's pretty much over at work since we're in full "back to school" mode on campus. Thankfully I don't have to take any classes this fall since I already took the two offered this semester. I'm not sure I could pull it all off right now!

I'm feeling good and feeling strong though. I'm not able to lift on my lunch like I was hoping. Lunch?!? Who has time for lunch?!? So, I'm in another challenge that starts September 5th and I'm really going to push myself to get more weightlifting days in. Muay Thai is still twice a week, karate is twice a week minimum and running has been averaging about twice a week. After the race I know I'll finally free up some lifting time, but for now I'll just do my best and enjoy being active! My body is holding up for the most part and I'm feeling good!

The scale is finally not my biggest enemy as I don't really care what it says. Sure, I want it to go down, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the fact that my clothes are getting bigger, my measurements are getting smaller and I'm feeling stronger and fitter. I also feel more flexible. My goal is to be able to do one full pullup by the end of the year. I will get there!! Screw the numbers on the scale... I have better goals! Ultimately, I'd like to be able to do the splits too... full flexibility in my leg muscles. This from a girl who had about as much flexibility as a 2x4 when I first started karate!

I will continue to reward the weight loss goals, but I will definitely come up with a different reward for those goals... those are the goals I never thought I'd even be able to dream of reaching. Funny what limits we can set for ourselves by not having faith in ourselves and our bodies!

Comments

Popular Posts