Excitement Level - HIGH!

I'm so excited for the weekend! Although I feel downright cruddy today, I'm hoping it passes because we have a fun weekend planned.

First thing's first though... Halloween was AWESOME!! Their costumes turned out great and the weather, although slightly drizzly, was pretty good for the end of October in northern Wisconsin! Talk about a weekend of fun.

We went trick or treating on campus at my work on Thursday night...






 They carved pumpkins with their dad on Friday night, I took them to TWO Halloween events on Saturday...






And after helping with Emmy Lou & Abbycakes's Halloween parties at school (K & J's school didn't do parties), all four got tons of candy trick or treating on Halloween night.


Bring on Thanksgiving!! 


Tomorrow Abbycakes has hockey practice at 8am. That is NOT the fun, exciting part of the weekend. I'm so not a morning person, and neither are my kids most days, so tomorrow morning's wake up call will probably not be met with smiles and excitement. Good thing we all perk up after we're up and going. I'm so impressed with how quickly she is improving in hockey too!


She officially got bumped up to the 8u girls team and after just a couple of practices, her confidence with skating has soared! I love seeing the kids' faces when they know they are doing awesome in their sport - be it karate, hockey, softball or baseball.

After hockey I want to take them to a craft event at a local craft store and then do lunch and a matinee movie. Basically, we'll get out and have a Girls Day. Then the three of us are scheduled to work the concession stand at the hockey rink as part of our volunteer hours. Fun, fun!

Sunday is the day that I'm most excited for though. We officially booked our flight to Florida this week, so we are surprising the girls with the news that we are going to Disney World in March! I want them to be involved in the planning part of the trip, plus I suck at keeping secrets! I've almost blown the big fella in the red suit out of the water a few times over the past couple of years. OOPS!

Before you all start to wonder... Yes, I said we were surprising the girls. As in Emmy Lou and Abbycakes. This trip will be just the four of us. We tried to plan this trip last year and The Hubby got a lot of push back from K & J's mom about not allowing him to pull them from school and a few other things, so we postponed the trip. We knew we were going this spring and had just started the process when The Hubby got a text from their mom stating that SHE is pulling them from school and taking them to Florida this spring. The trips are two weeks apart.

So, after a lot of heart to heart talks between The Hubby and I, we decided to move forward with our plans, but opt to just take two of the kids out of respect for the other two's mom's plans. We are going earlier the same month (due to The Hubby's vacation schedule) and it wouldn't be fair for us to take them and then for her to have to hear all about our trip throughout her trip... "When we were here with Daddy... Ooooh, we did that with Dadddy.... Daddy said... We already did that with Daddy..." You get my point. They are at that age. All four of them are at that age.

I'm happy for Jack Jack and Kenziebug. I'm glad they get to go and make memories with their mom. Hopefully she follows through for their sake. In the meantime, we are planning a different trip next year with all six kiddos. Plus, we take mini, long-weekend trips all year long.

It'll be hard to explain to all four kids why they can't go to Disney World together this trip, but we really feel that we made the right choice. I can only hope it doesn't bite us in the butt down the road. Either way, I'm making the best of what I've got to work with.

The Hubby is off of work on Sunday and it's supposed to be a beautiful day. My plan is to send the girls outside to play after Abby's hockey practice (another morning one, but at least this one isn't until 9:15am) and we will set up a scavenger hunt. I'll definitely update with video and pictures next week. I can't wait to see their reactions since both have been asking to go for a solid year now.

I'll be honest... I may be more excited than the kids will be! I loved Disney when I got to go as a trip in high school. I always wanted to go as a kid and even as an 18-year-old it was amazing! There's so much more now than there was almost 20 years ago, so I'm excited to see it all again, go to Universal Studios for the first time and see it all through my kids' eyes. We are a Disney loving family for sure, so this will be a pretty awesome adventure. Even better... Emmy Lou and Abbycakes have never flown! I love to fly, so I'm just as excited to experience their first plane trip with them as well.

That evening the hubby is also cooking me a celebratory dinner.

 
I have officially been accepted in to the MBA Leadership & Change program at the college I work at. Classes start January 17th and I'm on the roster. WOOHOO!! As life isn't crazy enough, I'll soon be staying on campus Tuesday evenings after work to attend class from 5:30-9pm. As nervous as I am about the schedule change, I'm so excited to finally take the next step toward this goal!!

Needless to say, I want to get everything squared away for our trip before school starts! So... Let the countdown begin. We're going to Disney World!!!


Comments

Popular Posts