Finding My New Groove!

Sorry I've been MIA. I'm still working on finding my new groove. My new job is amazing!! It's also an insane amount of information and beyond busy, so I've been absolutely wiped out by the end of the day. We're wrapping up karate before taking a break this summer and the softball/t-ball season is kicking off as well. Sheer craziness, as usual!

So, how about the Cliff's Notes version of my week in review? Here ya go...

My baby graduated from kindergarten! She was so excited, proud, happy, and cute! I may have gotten a bit weepy at one point during the songs they were singing. It has hit me a few times the last couple of weeks that time is going so fast. I'm so proud of how far she has come in the last three years at her school. She's so ready to move on to 1st grade and for the first time, I don't have anxiety over her moving up to the next grade!!




The girls spent the holiday weekend with their dad which is still something I struggle with. Memorial Day Weekend was always full of so much fun and so many memories for me as a child. It still hurts to know that I won't have the chance make those types of memories with my girls, but in exchange I get them every 4th of July weekend, so as hard as it is to be without them one holiday, I am elated to have them the next.

We did have Jack Jack and Kenziebug, so we still had fun. We had family over on Saturday. I finally met my brand new niece, Eleanor Mae. She was the most perfect newborn model a photographer could ever ask for. I still can't get over how smiley she was. I loved having time to cuddle with her too.



Then on Sunday we got to meet up with some very missed friends and go on a wet and fun four wheeler ride through the woods. I've missed riding so much! We didn't get out much last year, so this was a very needed trip!


I finally wrapped up the long weekend with a bike/run brick for my triathlon training. It was gorgeous out... borderline hot at 85 degrees! I managed to rock a 15 mile bike ride in 1 hour and 1 minute (my goal was one hour) and then went for a short run. The run was rough. I was hot and tired! I still managed to run half of the distance I need to run for the triathlon - 1.56 miles out of 3.1 miles - in 17:35. If I can run the entire thing in twice that on race day, I will be ecstatic!


The girls finally came home on Memorial Day evening. Abbycakes arrived with a nice shiner, just in time for her 6th birthday. I guess she tripped up the steps at her dad's cousin's house. Poor kid looked like she'd gotten into a bar fight!


That didn't stop her from having an awesome birthday though!! She woke up all smiles. She finally got to celebrate her birthday with her classmates. They are usually out of school before the 1st, so she was beyond excited to bring cupcakes to school. It took her a solid 15 minutes to choose which ones she wanted to buy!


After school she finally got her big birthday wish... she got her ears pierced!! She's wanted her ears pierced for over a year. The whole processed was so funny! She did great though. No tears! This was her expression right after they squeezed the triggers!



But check out the big smiles just two minutes later! I have one happy little Bug! After dinner, we make a stop at the arcade to play some games and take a couple of turns in the batting cages. It was a girls night out and we had a blast!


Finally, today was the last day of school. Jack Jack and Kenziebug are at their mom's but I got "last day" shots that I need to edit even if they were a couple of days off. Emmy Lou and Abbycakes were so excited to get to school and enjoy their day of fun!


Forgive the horrible phone pic from today. My iPhone takes horrible pics and on a complete side note, we have decided to switch to Samsung, so we are anticipating a huge learning curve when we get our new phones this weekend!

Either way... these pics show how much my girls have grown since the beginning of the year. Crazy!! They both had such a great year too! I'm going to miss the girls' teachers. Both of them were absolutely amazing. The girls will miss them too. Although everyone is ready for a summer of fun!

My new job is absolutely awesome! The people are fantastic and I love the job itself. I love the challenge and the pace. I'm two weeks in and I've hit the ground running. There's no such thing as down time, that's for sure. Today the support staff for my department went out for lunch together. It was so fun to get out, relax and laugh with them. I was definitely reassured that I made the right move, even if it was scary as it was happening. I'm looking forward to finding out where things go from here!

Unfortunately, my training has taken a back seat while figuring out my new schedule. I've added a 20 minute commute to my daily routine and we spent the week making sure we had enough classes to meet the requirements for belt testing on Sunday. I have big plans for the weeks ahead though! Our whole family does. I love the beginning of summer... so much excitement!!

And guess what?!? It's officially summer in this house!!

Comments

Popular Posts