Nothing kicks your butt like the scale!

True statement! My clothes were getting tighter, I would toy with eating well for a day or so and then just go back to eating whatever, I was exhausted, and I was starting to hate the reflection in the mirror again. But what finally got me motivated again was that stupid scale. It read a number I swore I wouldn't see again! I refuse to live any more of my life in the 200s, so the next day I went grocery shopping with my awesome hubby, we made a plan and Monday I jumped back on that wagon with a big ol OOMPH! But I'm on it and I plan to STAY on it!

There's something about fall that motivates me to lose. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's that the chaotic lifestyle we call summer makes me feel like I have a free pass, so then I feel so guilty once school is back in session and our lives regain some sense of structure again that I buck up and do what I know needs doing... or maybe it's just that all the summer fun and goodies aren't temping me anymore. Who knows, but HELLO FALL!!! Glad you're here!

For those who missed my last post, I was reading a book called Trim Healthy Mamas (http://www.trimhealthymama.com/). I'm currently RE-reading it so I can grasp all of the info a bit better, but after a few months of reading, following a couple of Facebook posts and toying with the idea of joining, I went whole hog on Monday morning. And so far... so good! The plan focuses on "S meals" and "E meals". S for Satisfying, these meals are more full of fat and richer proteins. For example... red meat, salad with creamy dressing and cheese and a side of cottage cheese. Notice, very few carbs (the limit is 10g of carbs for an S meal and over 5g of fat). E is for Energizing. These meals are low in fat (5g max) and have leaner proteins and more carbs, but it's still low carb, 20-45g total, but they must be "plan approved". This basically means that the carbs I eat are simple carbs or are cleaner carbs (no more than 2-3 ingredients). An example... baked salmon, baked sweet potato and a side of veggies.

It's a cleaner style of eating. And you space meals out about 3 hours and only eat S or E, but not combined, at each meal. It's confusing at first and I'm still learning, but any plan where I can still eat desserts, I'm game! LOL It's just a lot of home cooking - which is rough on this drive thru maniac. And it's also an adjustment for my kiddos who are used to the same dozen or so meals that we cycle through for them. Oh well... nothing is crazy, I'm too picky for that. But it's new, which my 4 year old explained last night, was not what she wanted. Sorry My Little Creature of Habit! :)

Anyway... that's the cliff's notes version. If anyone is looking for more info, feel free to message me on FB and I'll share what I can or point you in the right direction to find more info. So far, I'm enjoying it. I'm on day 3 without sugar, white carbs, or anything majorly processed. I'm still using regular food, I'm not counting points or calories and I am enjoying trying new recipes. It's kind of freeing We will see where it goes from here, but I'm proud to say that this morning there was no longer a 2 at the front of my weight, so I'll just be happy with that for now and go with the flow.

My goal with this isn't just weight loss. That's a great bonus. But as someone with PCOS, I want to live my life without added hormones in the form of pills to make my body function properly. I have been on some form of medication or another for it for the last 20 years and I'm ready to see what my body does on it's own. To do that I need to do my best to give it what it needs to balance out the hormones and insulin, since I'm insulin resistant. This plan is supposed to help with that, so I'm willing to give it a try. I have a physical this week and I will check back in with her in about 6 months and hopefully the doc will give me good news and I will also be able to report the same to her. We will see! :)

Comments

Popular Posts