Hello again!!

{{{Sheepishly tip toes back into the room}}} Hi all!! Sorry it's been so long! Yeah, I'm a horrible blogger and honestly, my scale proves that point right now. But I decided it was time to stop avoiding my blog and own what I've done to myself.

The short and sweet version... I've been using excuse after excuse to not follow any kind of plan and I have gained weight and inches to prove how horrible I have been to my body. No exercise, too much eating out, lots of fast food and eating my stress and emotions every. single. day.

So, it's time to buck up and do what I need to do. I hate that I don't have my running body anymore. I hate that my clothes are starting to get uncomfortably tight after working so hard to fit into them. I hate that I have given up on goals and expectations I had set for myself over two years ago and let myself down, but also stopped providing that good example for my kids.

And my rant is over!! No one can do anything about it, but me, so here I go!!

I joined a 5-week clean eating challenge with a friend of mine. And funny enough, I got a few more friends to join in with me. This summer has been tough on my eating and I need to reset my body and get back on track. I've been reading a book and following a Facebook group for Trim Healthy Mama. To put it simply, they stress eating fats and carbs at separate times and when you do eat carbs, eating healthy carbs With my PCOS, this is a pretty important way of life that I have avoided for the most part. So, out of desperation for getting my body to work the way it should and get my habits back on track, I bought the book and I'm about to dive right in. 

It will be an interesting journey. Very little eating out, no processed foods, and lots of home cooked meals. I'm not huge on cooking, but thankfully I have a wonderful hubby who is also a fantastic cook.

And that's the other part of it. We legally got married in May because of some things we needed to be together on like insurance and a new house. But we had planned to have a little outdoor wedding with friends and family and we are still planning to make that happen next month. Five weeks from yesterday to be exact! Perfect timing huh??

So... that's the gist of it. I'm planning to be back on track and find a way to get some exercise in some way or another that doesn't cause extreme pain. I still haven't figured out that side pain, but it's definitely worse and easily triggered. For this week, my daily activity will hopefully be moving!! We should close on our new house tomorrow or Tuesday. EEK!!!! Big things are on the horizon!!!

Comments

Popular Posts